• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Arnold Palmer

DeaconBrews

Reaction score

Source? Not seeing this news from any major organization.

Source? Not seeing this news from any major organization.

Lots of golf related publications and golf writers are tweeting it.

I knew when he couldn't attend The Master's this year that things were on a serious downslope. So very sad. One of the greatest legends in any sport and even better person!

Rest in Peace, Arnie.

eta: Watching the Golf Channel live (which Arnie helped start) and they've yet to break into the broadcast or even announce. I guess they're wanting to go to a tribute package when the tournament concludes.

Shit. This sucks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Damn. RIP. Seeing him and Ali together at the Orange Bowl is one of my best sports memories.

Yea, I said last week that this was going to be coming up soon. He hasn't been out in public in a bit now. Huge influence to many of us here. Wow. No. One man!

RIP Arnie. One of my biggest thrills was seeing him at Augusta in 2014. He was wearing his green jacket having lunch under the umbrellas in front of the clubhouse. I was behind the rope line and fence but we were allowed to look at the members area. I pointed at my Wake visor. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Not much of a story but I'll never forget.

I hate to hear of his passing. I expect the school will properly honor him. Memorial service in Wait Chapel, mourning patches on team uniforms and our athletic fields are the very least we can do for him.

WOW! This is sad!

Without Arnie, the PGA would not be what it is today. He was the Babe Ruth of golf. He was the person who brought the game to the masses. Before Arnie, it was a game only for the rich.

Without Arnie and Mark McCormick were truly innovators in sports-marketing. They took it from the dark ages into the electronic era. As late as 2004, Arnie was still making about $20M/year in earnings.

He was a true gentleman.

The world is not going to be the same without him in it.

RIP King!

Back