• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana Game Review / N.C. State Game Week Thread

TOB was like a competent coaching version of Buzz. Thought he could take any player and make them competitive. Had some success but that caused him to stop recruiting.

And now state has a good recruiter who can't coach?

I don't know that Doreen is either a good recruiter or a bad coach. His recruiting, with a few notable exceptions, seems to be around State's historical average. This is year 4 for him, and State has been to bowls in 2 out of the prior 3 years. He has a chance to go to a bowl this year (they have 4 potential wins left on the schedule- us, ND, BC, and Syracuse) and 6-6 with 2 I-AA wins will get into a bowl somewhere.

Seems like he is right around where you would expect a state coach to be- right in the meaty part of the curve.

If we happen to beat them I imagine Doerens seat will get very, very toasty....

I don't know that Doreen is either a good recruiter or a bad coach. His recruiting, with a few notable exceptions, seems to be around State's historical average. This is year 4 for him, and State has been to bowls in 2 out of the prior 3 years. He has a chance to go to a bowl this year (they have 4 potential wins left on the schedule- us, ND, BC, and Syracuse) and 6-6 with 2 I-AA wins will get into a bowl somewhere.

Seems like he is right around where you would expect a state coach to be- right in the meaty part of the curve.

Old Dominion is not 1-AA, they are 1-A or FBS.

People get so hung up on stats, it's too early.
NCSU has only played one game that I would consider statistically relevant in ECU
Wake has played 2 in Duke and Indiana, both on the rd. I don't consider 1AA teams relevant and I don't really consider the Tulane game relevant as that seems like a bit of an outlier.

ETA, I didn't realize ODU was in CUSA, so maybe they are more relevant than I thought, but clearly they aren't any good

I'm not surprised at people getting cussed out and treated badly but I have to wonder what in the world people are doing to get bottles thrown at them. For what sounds to be so common I've never once seen anything like it. Especially since it's not like wake is coming to Carter-Finley and beating us to put fans in bad moods

Wearing shirts with Wake logos. Cheering for Wake. Yea, I guess we deserved it.

Internet still needs a universally accepted sarcasm emoji.

They had back to back top 35 recruiting classes in 14 and 15. I would call that good. The underachieving with their talent level I would call bad.

State will win tomorrow. Wakes best team since 2007 and State will still win. And State sucks ass.

2008 Wake would beat this Wake team like a drum. And yes, State sucks ass.

But State will still win. I'm not saying I even like it because I definitely am not a fan of CDD. Wake just will not win.

State 34
Wake 14

It should be closer than the last two times we beat you though.

But State will still win. I'm not saying I even like it because I definitely am not a fan of CDD. Wake just will not win.

State 34
Wake 14

Really don't see our defense giving up 34 to you people, but hey to each his own.

State 34
Wake 14

I hope you guys keep it close against carolina and then they crush your dreams, because let's face it, that's all state cares about anyway. And then I hope you still keep Doeren, because everyone else in the ACC is pretty happy with the job he's doing there.

State 34
Wake 14

Considering what Va Tech did to ECU this is laughable.

I don't feel good about it. It's like we get tense just walking into C-F. I don't get it. Just calling it like I see it. We have not been so much worse than NC State that we should have the recent record we have against them in Rally.

Back