• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse @ Wake Forest 10/8: 7pm, RSN

HailToTheDeacons

Fantasy Sheep Champion
Reaction score
GREENSBORO, NC – The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced the following game times and networks for October 7-8.

Friday, October 7
Clemson at Boston College, ESPN 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, October 8
Georgia Tech at Pitt, ACC Network 12:30 p.m.
Army at Duke, RSN 3:30 p.m.
Syracuse at Wake Forest, RSN 7 p.m.

6 Day Option for FSU-Miami, VT-UNC, and ND-State

When was the last time WF played a night conference game on a Saturday? (The Thursday and Friday night games are set before the season).

It has been awhile that WF has been relevant enough for any network to want to televise WF at night on a Saturday. Good sign for the program.

Potentially undefeated. Possibly top 25. Maybe playing for a bowl game. Under the lights. Yeah, I'm going to have to make the drive up for this one.

When was the last time WF played a night conference game on a Saturday? (The Thursday and Friday night games are set before the season).

It has been awhile that WF has been relevant enough for any network to want to televise WF at night on a Saturday. Good sign for the program.

Turns out Wake was fortunate with the time slots that week, based on where the rest of the games are falling, the 7pm RSN slot looks like it was 5th in the pecking order for October 8th:

#1-3 = the three games ESPN/ABC held (one of them might end up being the 8pm ABC slot if both FSU and Miami win next week, but the other two will almost certainly fall at either 3:30pm or noon, based on some other game times I'm seeing from other conferences)
#4 - ACCN slot at 12:30pm - GT/Pitt
#5 - RSN slot at 7pm - Syr/Wake
#6 - RSN slot at 3:30pm - Army/Duke

They have been adding a few more of those 3:30pm and 7pm RSN slots for the ACC in the past year or two, which is nice from a fan's perspective. It can get tricky later in the year when NBA and NHL games would mostly fall in those evening RSN slots, so you usually see them earlier in the season.

When was the last time we've dodged the noon game time slot until at least week 7 of a season?

At home (we had UNC on the road last year) I'm guessing VT in 2011. Hopefully a different outcome this time

UNC and Louisville last year were at 7 on RSN and ESPN2.

Loui was a Fri. It def has been a while since we've had a home primetime Saturday conf game

Louisville was a Friday game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I hope the place is packed and rocking. Brings back memories of the BC game in 2006. Need to find a KR to take one to the house.

#14 Wake Men's Soccer @ #3 Notre Dame kicks off at the same time. I'll be there, but will likely be streaming on my phone.

Many people are saying that the Louisville game was a Friday night game.

I've also heard that the UNC game was a Saturday night game. The Duke game two years ago was as well.

Cuse fan here...any idea how packed the General Parking Lots will get with the Dixie Classic Fair going on?

Is my best bet to park on the west side of the Coliseum? I'm trying to organize a tailgate.

Cuse fan here...any idea how packed the General Parking Lots will get with the Dixie Classic Fair going on?

Is my best bet to park on the west side of the Coliseum? I'm trying to organize a tailgate.

Depending on what time you get there I still think the Joel Coliseum lots will be your best bet. Should be plenty of space.

Back