• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State writers Dissing the Deacs, the QBs, the Defense and the Offense

DeacAssured

Reaction score
http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-st...ake-forest-nc-state-football-game-preview-acc

Hallelujah! With Miracle Max Dave presiding, we've found a pulse! Sure, sometimes John Wolford's arms won't move, but that's only because he's been mostly dead for two years.

And barring a couple more miracles, like Wolford magically turning a corner in October or Kendall Hinton becoming off-brand Lamar Jackson, Wake's offense figures to struggle scoring points from here on.

Really they didn't have any business beating Indiana, but they were handed five turnovers by the Hoosiers, and hey, what were they supposed to do, say "no thanks"?

Last edited:
Wake's offense was terrible for almost a game and a half and really has picked up. It isn't world beater, but those statistics are a little misleading I think.

From Reid, Colburn to Bell our RBs better be ready to get at it early. For the RBs this is a clearly a Statement game. Time to punish the linebackers.

http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-st...ake-forest-nc-state-football-game-preview-acc

Hallelujah! With Miracle Max Dave presiding, we've found a pulse! Sure, sometimes John Wolford's arms won't move, but that's only because he's been mostly dead for two years.

And barring a couple more miracles, like Wolford magically turning a corner in October or Kendall Hinton becoming off-brand Lamar Jackson, Wake's offense figures to struggle scoring points from here on.

Really they didn't have any business beating Indiana, but they were handed five turnovers by the Hoosiers, and hey, what were they supposed to do, say "no thanks"?

Handed 5 turnovers? I think the Wake D had a little something to do with those TOs.

Handed 5 turnovers? I think the Wake D had a little something to do with those TOs.

Neither of Bates interceptions had much to do with the defense- the QB threw high on routes that were open, causing tipped passes. The interception by Dawson was based on great pressure on the QB, so we get credit for that. Watson made a great play on his. I can't remember the 5th int.

Neither of Bates interceptions had much to do with the defense- the QB threw high on routes that were open, causing tipped passes. The interception by Dawson was based on great pressure on the QB, so we get credit for that. Watson made a great play on his. I can't remember the 5th int.

Meh. Our D has dropped enough easy picks over the years that I don't mind giving them credit for completing the play.

Also, the numbers Indiana put up were because that QB was a gunslinger....gunslingers are going to put up yards and also turn the ball over, even if you consider the Bates INTs gifts, an offense that throws the ball that much is going to give up more gifts. You could also call Indiana's first TD a gift, that pass had no business going the distance, but wake was out of position and defender tried to make a play on the ball instead of tackling, but missed and took another defender out. (I almost forgot about the last TD that wasn't even a gift, it was a fluke)

Last edited:
Not sure if Old Dominion or William and Mary is the bigger powerhouse amongst States wins.

Where did this guy go to journalism school? One trite phrase after another. Does he really think he is funny? Maybe writing to the level of his audience?

If you can't go to college. . .

Wait.
My only son is at NC State.

And I'm predicting 35 - 10.
Wake is going 5-0 and going to be ranked.

State fan base is delusional.

Back