• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Westworld: Season 2 starts 4/22

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
Anyone else watching? This has the potential to be legitimately great I think

Been really looking forward to it. Loved the first episode. Really interested to know more about the conversation in the "real" world about the deeper meaning behind the place. My guess is that Hopkins is one fucked up dude.

OFY, first episode has been awesome. I love that its a continuation of the original West World/ Future World

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Oh shit that ending was money. Anybody else notice Black Hole Sun on the player piano in the saloon?

Great premiere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh shit that ending was money. Anybody else notice Black Hole Sun on the player piano in the saloon?

Yep! And then a symphonic version (IIRC) of Paint it Black later.

Really enjoyed it and will continue to watch. Wife thought it was a little dark and confusing... It's always tough for me to stay current on shows if she's not on board, so I'm hoping I can get her to watch a few more episodes.

Really enjoyed the premier, curious to see where it goes.

So many things teased. Anyone watch the film?

So many things teased. Anyone watch the film?

The film is super dated. But it did spawn a cool Malkmus song. Don't think there's any connection at all between the movie and TV series, other than there is a Western theme park where you can bone and/or murder robots.

The film is super dated. But it did spawn a cool Malkmus song. Don't think there's any connection at all between the movie and TV series, other than there is a Western theme park where you can bone and/or murder robots.
there's actually a theory that they are directly connected and in the same continuum.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Did you guys all notice that at the very beginning of the episode it was Jeffrey Wright's character who was questioning Delores? Then at the end of the episode it was Hemsworth's character? The questions were almost the same but not exactly. Another Groundhog Day moment? I wondered what it meant to have that repetition in the "real world" from two different human characters. (Allegedly human I guess...)

Did you guys all notice that at the very beginning of the episode it was Jeffrey Wright's character who was questioning Delores? Then at the end of the episode it was Hemsworth's character? The questions were almost the same but not exactly. Another Groundhog Day moment? I wondered what it meant to have that repetition in the "real world" from two different human characters. (Allegedly human I guess...)

I'd imagine they were purposefully asking the same questions because they're checking to make sure the robots aren't getting too sentient or whatever.

It also seemed as though they had certain (human) voice activated programming they responded to. Like Anthony Hopkins telling the dude to put himself back in the body bag, or telling Evan Rachel Wood's character to remove her affect/emotion.

This has the potential to be a very cool show. I just hope the production value isn't so high that it gets cancelled after a two or three years like Rome, Carnivale or Deadwood. I think at the time of their cancellation they were each the most expensive show to produce.

I'll be watching this later. One a similar note new episodes of Black Mirror are coming later this month.

Last edited:
This has the potential to be a very cool show. I just hope the production value isn't so high that it gets cancelled after a two or three years like Rome, Carnivale or Deadwood. I think at the time of their cancellation they were each the most expensive show to produce.

Carnivale worth checking out? I dug the other two.

Carnivale worth checking out? I dug the other two.

I really enjoyed it. It's pretty wild and trippy. I would defs check it out. And since it's only two seasons the time commitment isn't that heavy.

Back