• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

So we're no longer pretending that Frank is decent?

I assume that the answer to this is a firm no, but is there any package centered around MKG and/or Batum that could net Jimmy Butler?

I'd think if they're moving their best player that is still under contract for 2 more seasons after this one, they've just decided on a full on tank for a while and if that's the case they don't want a player centered package they want picks and salary flotsam (Boston).

And I know that it's been a rumor but moving him doesn't make sense to me for Chicago, especially since he's on a discount from an old CBA contract.

So we're no longer pretending that Frank is decent?

I mean, he is decent relative to where he was picked and will probably have a long NBA career, but it doesn't look like he is going to be anything more than a role player on a mediocre team. I think the Kaminsky / Winslow comparison is relatively negligible to this point (and I was in favor of Winslow by a lot), but holy shit Devin Booker would be what this team needs.

Good to see Lamb get some minutes last night for the first time in a few weeks. Hopefully his foot is healed and he can get back in the rotation. We need both him and Cody big time.

I mean, he is decent relative to where he was picked and will probably have a long NBA career, but it doesn't look like he is going to be anything more than a role player on a mediocre team. I think the Kaminsky / Winslow comparison is relatively negligible to this point (and I was in favor of Winslow by a lot), but holy shit Devin Booker would be what this team needs.

Good to see Lamb get some minutes last night for the first time in a few weeks. Hopefully his foot is healed and he can get back in the rotation. We need both him and Cody big time.

Fell to 1-10 last night when Zeller doesn't play, who would have imagined that a couple of years ago.

Frank looks more like an 11th or 12th man like Spencer Hawes than a decent rotational player. Also missed big on Myles Turner

Frank looks more like an 11th or 12th man like Spencer Hawes than a decent rotational player. Also missed big on Myles Turner

Fair point on Turner. But Frank is also better than Willie Cauley-Stein, Mario Hezonja, and Stanley Johnson, who all went ahead of him. So he wasn't a bad pick, just not a great pick.

Fell to 1-10 last night when Zeller doesn't play, who would have imagined that a couple of years ago.

Yeah Zeller is really important. And his contract extension was an absolute bargain.

Now that draft is an interesting one to look at in hindsight. Zeller turned out to be a really good pick, especially in light of Ben McLemore who was the other target at that spot. Noel was also possible but obviously already injured. But then you've got McCollum, KCP, MCW, Giannis, Steven Adams, and Schroder later in the first round.

Fair point on Turner. But Frank is also better than Willie Cauley-Stein, Mario Hezonja, and Stanley Johnson, who all went ahead of him. So he wasn't a bad pick, just not a great pick.

He's not better though, frank and all those mentioned have sucked so far and they're at least younger (don't understand why anyone would've chosen WCS ftr)

Part of me thinks we should tank if we don't have an immediate turnaround when Cody returns, part of me thinks we'd blow the pick anyway, part of me thinks there's no need to "tank" because our bench is so horrific it won't matter anyway. I mean damn, no one on the bench does anything particularly well. Every single bench player is a 10-12th man, good character guy, who is slow and will come in and play hard and you can live with him if you only have to play him in a pinch and can hide him

So yeah, hopefully Cody comes back soon, our frail frontcourt somehow stays healthy, and we get a couple midseason pickups and turn this thing back around

Some NBA "insider" was on 610 this morning talking about a possible trade for Okafor. Never said what we would have to give up, other than them wanting (wtf) Sessions. Would Sessions and Frank do it? Frank would probably fit better with Embiid than Okafor. If it was Sessions, Frank, and a 1st round pick I think that would be too much. Still doesn't solve our backup PG problem though.

Hinkie is gone. The Sixers won't be trading Okafor for a stretch PF with Saric, Ilyanova and Simmons on the roster.

They probably wouldn't take anything less than Batum for Okafor.

That is seriously the worst news I've heard all day. Plumlee is in year 1 of a 4 year, $52 million contract. What am I missing?

Upon further reflection, this is such a Bobcats move.

Back