• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

He would be a great pickup, I know we talked about getting him in the offseason. He is a dogged on-ball defender. He is also a grade-A chucker on offense, but this team is missing someone who can create their own shot, so take the bad with the good.

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt
Hearing from several places that Brandon Jennings not a lock to go 2 Charlotte; Wizards among teams still working. (All due respect to SVG.)

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Hearing that the Hornets, despite Stan Van Gundy's prediction, are happy with the Briante Weber move and unlikely to pursue Brandon Jennings

So we are taking him over Brandon Jennings, for a team that has needed a legit backup scoring PG as its most glaring weakness all season? What in the fucking fuck?

Good road win last night. Most importantly, Zeller is back. I think they are something like 23-17 with him, and 3-17 without him. Kemba had 30 and 7 assists, and Frank continued his strong play with 24 and 12 (4 of 7 from deep).
Brian Roberts also played relatively well, I like him more than Sessions in the backup PG role. He isn't a scoring threat, but takes better care of the ball and makes better decisions. But it means that one of Frank, Belli, or Lamb needs to have a strong scoring night to have a chance to win.

Suns shot 60%, we scored 12 points in the 4th quarter, and we lost by 17 to Phoenix. Good job, good effort.

Suns shot 60%, we scored 12 points in the 4th quarter, and we lost by 17 to Phoenix. Good job, good effort.

4th road game in 6 nights....even if we were a decent 4th quarter team (we are not), could have easily predicted falling apart at the end of this game....

Pretty sure this has been posted on here before, but Tankathon is a good site to keep up with lottery odds, important games for lottery position, mock draft, mock lottery, etc.

http://www.tankathon.com/

Got a good road win last night against the Nuggets to finish out the road trip. Kemba and Batum played well, and we got 15 points from Johnny O'Bryant (who?), as Frank was out with a shoulder injury. Frank may be out 2 weeks or so, it will be interesting to see how they modify their style, as he has been playing very well lately.

Another good win last night against the Pacers. Kemba, Batum, and Lamb all played well, and Cody seems to be the difference maker. If they can stay healthy hopefully they can make a run at the #8 or (hopefully) #7 seed.

Bringing this back up now that college hoops is no longer relevant to me again for the year.
The Hornets have actually been playing pretty well as of late since Cody's return, including a sold win against the Wizards last night. But, it might be too late as we are 4 games out of the 7 and 8 seeds (Miami & Milwaukee) with 13 to go, but we also have to pass Detroit and Chicago.
Kemba seems to have found his shot again, and Cody is playing great. Marvin and Lamb are both solid. But the biggest surprise to me, taking back all my signing criticism of him, is Briante Weber. That dude can play. He is one of the best defenders I have ever seen, at any level. He has already supplanted Roberts and presumably Sessions as the backup PG in like 2 weeks, and has played a little alongside Kemba as well. They need to rip up his 10 day contracts and get him under a bargain long term deal ASAP. Somebody told me that he tore his ACL 18 games into his senior season at VCU, and still finished his career only 30 steals shy of the all-time NCAA record. He hasn't shown he can shoot, but can defend like a mofo and gets a lot of junk baskets because of his hustle. He is like a better PG version of MKG.

Been playing pretty well of late and got a solid win yesterday against the Suns. 2 games back of the 8 seed with 9 games to go, and actually only 4 games out of the 5 seed. Huge home games coming up against the Bucks this week and the Heat next week, but also some tough road games at Toronto, OKC, Wash, the Bucks, and ATL, plus home against the Nuggets and Celtics. They are going to need some other teams to fall apart to get in, but they have a chance.

Get roasted by the Bucks at home last night, go on the road and win in Toronto tonight.....feels like they are going to end up one game short of the playoffs when it is all said and done (probably just like the Hurricanes).

Yeah, really frustrating to see how well they can play but they still lay eggs. That Bucks loss was a killer. 3 games back of the Heat with 7 to go, including a home game against the Heat next Wed. I don't see them catching up unless they go like 6-1, which would be tough unless the other teams start resting players.

Back