• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

This team is so good when MKG plays.

That second unit though. It will be fine when Zeller is coming in with the 2s, but Sessions, Belli, yuck yuck yuck

I think Zeller is better than Hibbert, will resume as starter. Only reason Hibbert started in the 1st game was Zeller coming back from injury on minutes restriction.

Zeller was pretty awesome last night, had some really nice passes. Plus like the #1 job of a big in the NBA now is defending the pick and roll and Zeller is really good at that, Hibbert is a much better old school rim protector but not as quick.

The main problem with the 2nd unit has indeed been Sessions. I wasn't as down on him coming into the year but he has been dreadful so far in both decision making and play.

Sessions wasn't that bad two years ago. The wheels are falling off.

Agree Zeller is better than big Roy but need Zeller's ball movement with second stringers.

Tied a franchise record for 1st half points tonight with 75 against the Pacers (so I guess this team can play some offense as well as some lock down defense)...looking strong to finish them off in the 4th quarter.

This team is really coming into form. Hope they can keep it up.

Anybody a taker at 52 wins?

MKG was a monster in the first half. He completely shut down Paul George and also scored double digit points in the first quarter. This team is really hard to beat when he plays.

Was at the game tonight. Had a debate with a buddy of mine. If you kept Clifford, would you trade rosters with the Pacers?

Was at the game tonight. Had a debate with a buddy of mine. If you kept Clifford, would you trade rosters with the Pacers?

with currrent contracts in mind i'd say no. paul george will be a FA in less than 2 seasons now. jeff teague needs to be signed to an extension and will get a lot more money than the deal kemba got with the lower cap. myles turner is a great piece but he's currently the only long term player on the team.

hornets don't have a player as good as PG or a prospect nearly as good as turner but they have more good players and they're all signed now for at least through the 2019 season (entire starting 5).

looking forward for 5ish years, neither team has contending potential but the pacers have a much lower floor... so much so that they may be in a total rebuild soon if PG decides to leave.

with currrent contracts in mind i'd say no. paul george will be a FA in less than 2 seasons now. jeff teague needs to be signed to an extension and will get a lot more money than the deal kemba got with the lower cap. myles turner is a great piece but he's currently the only long term player on the team.

hornets don't have a player as good as PG or a prospect nearly as good as turner but they have more good players and they're all signed now for at least through the 2019 season (entire starting 5).

looking forward for 5ish years, neither team has contending potential but the pacers have a much lower floor... so much so that they may be in a total rebuild soon if PG decides to leave.

I don't know, MKG just turned 23, missed basically a full season, and is pretty damn good on both sides of the floor. I don't think he'll ever put up 40 in a game, but as an all-around player he could be scary good in another year or two thinking about how far his offense has come so far in a relatively short period of playing time.

it is pretty amazing the impact mkg has on the floor while only averaging 10 and 8 on the year so far. he's been efficient with 54% from the field and he just makes the entire defense work. courtney lee was great for the hornets last year but it's amazing how much better the team is with mkg in his spot. if we had somehow kept lin instead of sessions (impossible because of $$) hornets could've have made a run at the 2 seed in the east imo.

also, since we haven't bitched about not drafting him in a while, justise winslow watch: offensive game looks even worse than last year: 31% from the field, 15% from three, 7.15 PER. myles turner instead of frank would have been amazing tho.

Last edited:
it is pretty amazing the impact mkg has on the floor while only averaging 10 and 8 on the year so far. he's been efficient with 54% from the field and he just makes the entire defense work. courtney lee was great for the hornets last year but it's amazing how much better the team is with mkg in his spot. if we had somehow kept lin instead of sessions (impossible because of $$) hornets could've have made a run at the 2 seed in the east imo.

also, since we haven't bitched about not drafting him in a while, justise winslow watch: offensive game looks even worse than last year: 31% from the field, 15% from three, 7.15 PER. myles turner instead of frank would have been amazing tho.

That stings.

There has to be someone out there to fill that role of effective chucking PG. College is full of lead guards who can get in the paint and knock down the occasional 3 (unfortunately I know very few of them at the moment since my interest in college hoops was Bzzed). Cho needs to go watch tapes of the last 2 NCAA tourneys and pick someone. Where is that Walkup dude playing?

hornets/cho have been active traders the past few seasons, so if sessions continues to suck ass i bet they trade for a backup pg near the deadline. with hibbert and lamb the bench unit is fine other than backup pg.

While he doesn't pass the eye test in terms of ball handling, Sessions is Top 5 in the NBA to Assists-to-Turnover.

Meh, that is a garbage stat. In the Nets game they officially credited him with 2 TOs, but when watching the game he was involved in at least 5.

Back