• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

Nice 48-19 run tonight to overtake the Heat and win a 2nd straight on the road. Bench outscored the starters.

Beating the Bucks and Heat is big time. Those wins could be crucial to playoff seeding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see Lamb step up and take charge of scoring for the second unit. If he can play consistently, that would be an enormous bonus. Big time win without Frank and with Hibbert on the bench most of the game. Good play by Spencer Hawes in relief.

Can't wait for the home opener tonight, should be a great scene.

this team looks pretty tough. mkg makes a huge difference even if he doesn't put up big numbers like he did the 1st game. really need lamb to become consistent to carry that bench unit with Lin gone. he's had good performances like this before but then he'll float in the next game and eventually end up in clifford's doghouse.

That lamb move on the baseline with the reverse layup finish was filthy. He even acknowledged post game with Steph that he just has trouble doing it game to game, so at least he's self aware of it I guess?

I'm wondering if Cho pulls off one of his moves for a solid vet to provide some bench scoring again

That lamb move on the baseline with the reverse layup finish was filthy. He even acknowledged post game with Steph that he just has trouble doing it game to game, so at least he's self aware of it I guess?

I'm wondering if Cho pulls off one of his moves for a solid vet to provide some bench scoring again

Who do you think we could get?

I have no idea. My dream is Lou Williams but I've read LA doesn't want to trade him and idk what we'd give up to get him. Don't know who the Courtney Lee, Mo Williams, Gary Neal candidate will be this year

I'd like to get somebody with more than a half season left on their contract. I loved the CLee pick up but was bummed we lost him to NYK.

I hate to break it to you guys but Lamb is going to let you down over and over.

Clifford said in the post game that they spent the summer getting Lamb in an off the court routine in the hopes of it translating into consistency on the court. It sounds like Lamb has bought into it, so we'll see. Obviously we shouldn't count on it with him, but if he is able to do it then what a bonus. Dude certainly has the talent and ability.

Hibbert's injury sounds like it isn't too serious. Apparently he had his knee drained before the Milwaukee game and this was just some residual soreness.

Clifford said in the post game that they spent the summer getting Lamb in an off the court routine in the hopes of it translating into consistency on the court. It sounds like Lamb has bought into it, so we'll see. Obviously we shouldn't count on it with him, but if he is able to do it then what a bonus. Dude certainly has the talent and ability.

Hibbert's injury sounds like it isn't too serious. Apparently he had his knee drained before the Milwaukee game and this was just some residual soreness.

Matt Bonner literally practices sitting on the bench. He shoots a little. Sits down for 20 minutes then gets up and works out.

What a shitastic game. The entire first unit was basically horrible. Kemba didn't get it going until late, Mehtum was awful the entire game and took a ton of bad shots, and Marvin and MKG were mostly invisible. Then they crawl back and take the lead late only to fall apart at the end. Hopefully it was just the effect of the first back to back.

@WojVerticalNBA
Charlotte's Cody Zeller has agreed to a four-year, $56M extension, league sources tell @TheVertical.

@BobbyMarks42
Great value on the Zeller deal based on: 1. 1st year salary is below his FA cap hold 2. Will keep Charlotte under the tax next year

@ZachLowe_NBA
Solid deal for Zeller + CHA. Lower Year 1 $$ than his projected cap hold. Given glut of bigs, not sure he was lock to get mega-offer in FA.

@kpelton
Think the Hornets got good value with Cody Zeller's 4-year, $56 million extension. Had him in the same class as Gorgui Dieng (4/64).

I had forgotten about Cliff's love affair with Sessions and Gary Neal. So fucking painful

Sessions is so fucking horrific. They have to make a move for someone else in that role, there is no way they can last a whole season and win enough to make the playoffs with him unless Kemba stays healthy the entire season and plays extended minutes almost every game.

Good win tonight, though they looked like crap early. They turned it on right after halftime and didn't look back. I guess that is a sign of a good team, they can lack focus and still sleepwalk to a win over a bad team. Mehtum played well, hopefully this wakes him up. Zeller and Bellinelli as well.

Hibbert is still cheerleading in a suit, as was Lamb tonight. Hopefully they get back soon.

Another ugly start tonight but strong comeback to give them sole possession of first place. Kemba was a monster, Batum, Zeller, and MKG all played well. Marvin couldn't hit a damn thing but hit a big 3 when it counted. Jeremy Lin's hair and outfit on BKN's bench seemed to be a tribute to Charlotte bathrooms.

Ramon Sucksions' putrid play continued. He finished with a +/- of -7 on 1-7 shooting in 21 minutes, including an air balled 3-pt shot in a clutch spot and, as per usual, several blown point-blank shots. He is fucking horrible. Cho needs to be working out roster cuts from other teams and trying to work a deal for a legit backup PG.

Back