• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

it is pretty amazing the impact mkg has on the floor while only averaging 10 and 8 on the year so far. he's been efficient with 54% from the field and he just makes the entire defense work. courtney lee was great for the hornets last year but it's amazing how much better the team is with mkg in his spot. if we had somehow kept lin instead of sessions (impossible because of $$) hornets could've have made a run at the 2 seed in the east imo.

also, since we haven't bitched about not drafting him in a while, justise winslow watch: offensive game looks even worse than last year: 31% from the field, 15% from three, 7.15 PER. myles turner instead of frank would have been amazing tho.

And devin booker

And devin booker

indeed that would have been amazing too

frank has been okay but he has like no upside. i think he was pretty bust proof and it's looking like he'll be a solid role player but man, i guess cho or clifford really didn't like that one year with vonleh and how raw he was and just decided to play it super safe since.

indeed that would have been amazing too

frank has been okay but he has like no upside. i think he was pretty bust proof and it's looking like he'll be a solid role player but man, i guess cho or clifford really didn't like that one year with vonleh and how raw he was and just decided to play it super safe since.

Which is beyond dumb because that potential with Vonleh netted us Batum. Shows the value in aiming high even with a bust

yeah that deal looking good now but we had to trade for a player coming off a bad year in the last year of his contract. it worked out but it was risky.

Did Batum spend the offseason watching Lance Stephenson hornets highlights? Good lord. So many bizarre passes when he's gotten himself into the lane

Nets cut Grievis Vasquez yesterday. He is better than Sessions every day of the week.
Though I think Clifford is trolling me, he keeps bringing up Sessions as a positive in the postgame interviews.

Vasquez was cut becuase he needs ankle surgery, was going to be out for a large chunk of time. Mario Chalmers is not on a team after tearing his achilles last year, someone will sign him eventually if he looks healthy in a workout.

Pretty impressive what the Hornets are doing with a slow Batum start and two key bench players injured. Mostly because Kemba is playing awesome and defense is air tight even with the bench units.

Net rating so far:

1. Clippers: +17.4
2. Hawks: +9.3
3. Hornets: +8.6
4. Warriors: +7.6
5. Cavs: +7.2

MKG missing tonight's game against the Raptors with a sore back is a shame, but Hibbert will play. I guess they'll have to start Belli?

Ugh, that would have been such a nice comeback playing shorthanded, but they couldn't hold on. Had no idea DeRozan was leading the league in scoring.

Yeah I thought they had it when they took the lead and went up 8 or so. Tough loss, but good effort without MKG. DeRozan's midrange game is unstoppable without him.

Yuge game today on the road against the Cavs. Have to assume this will be an L, but if MKG can play then we have a shot.

Is holding Kemba, Marv, and Batum out till under 6 in the 4th really the best sub pattern we can come up with

Back