• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

They said "minor" shoulder injury, but I think it was just a rest day. Which sucked without him playing Davis, especially since Clifford had Hibbert and Hawes playing the 5 all game, then inexplicably put Frank at the 5 down the stretch and in OT. I don't think Frank has played there all year, and you ask him to guard the best 5 in the game? Made no sense, and Davis ate them up. Normally I don't question Clifford, but that was really strange, especially since Hawes was playing well.

That game last night was awful, just lackluster and lethargic from the opening tip. Got blitzed early and never recovered. Made a halfway decent comeback attempt in the 4th, but were down 24 so just too much of a hill to climb.

On the positive side, Frank played really well again (23 pts on 9-11 shooting), Hawes was okay, and MKG gave some energy for another double-double. That is about it.

Kemba had an off night, and Sessions is such fucking garbage (14 mins, 0-1 from the field, which doesn't include an airballed 3-point shot; 0-2 from the line, 2 assts, 1 TO - which doesn't pass the eye test as he was involved in at least 3) that when Kemba is even slightly off there is just no breathing room. Batum was absolutely awful, he had a +/- of -22. If he takes one more quick 3 off a screen without even looking at the basket I am going to scream. How the fuck does he expect that those will go in? And Marvin is just brutal so far this year - 25 mins, 0-6, 0-3, 0pts, 3 boards. Add in no Zeller for the second straight game and the offense was just horrendous.

Marvin is bad bad

Team needs Zeller's energy.

Frank may have scored 23, but his man got even more.

Good job inbounding the ball at the end of the game tonight, guys. :rulz:

they played really well without zeller against a great team that played well, but the last 30 seconds was a big bowl of woof.

The last 4 minutes was Christmas on Thanksgiving for the Spurs from the refs. Holy shit they were awful. Kemba should have gone nuts and gotten himself tossed to prove a point.

Such a good game, disappointing to leave with 1) the refs respect the Spurs approximately 10 billion times more than the Hornets 2) getting my anger with the refs taken away cause it's hard to be mad at the refs when you lose cause you can't inbound the ball...twice

That was an awful way to finish after being up 13 in the third. Couldn't stop Melo down the stretch, and Batum and Frank made poor decisions on offense. And the last shot in OT was a really poor play to have Kemba trying a corner 3 with Rose on him, it should have gone to Belli up top, but he inexplicably was on the opposite side of the court not moving.

Holy shit Jeremy Lamb, where did that come from? 18 pts and 17 boards in his first start this season? Can we get anything close to that consistently, please?

Good win without Batum (eye) and Marvin (knee) against a frustrating Knicks team to end the losing streak. Really weird lineup in the middle of the 4th with Kemba, Roberts, Sessions, MKG, and Zeller playing at the same time, as Beli hurt his hamstring and Lamb had cramps. But at this point a win is a win.

Great game start to finish last night against a good opponent on the road, and a fantastic 21 and 9 from Lamb. If he can actually play to his talent level consistently, that would more than offset the loss of Lin and Lee that most were concerned about coming into the season. Clifford talked a lot about all the work they put in during the offseason to get Lamb into a consistent routine in the hopes of generating consistency on the court, hopefully now that his injury is behind him some of that consistency will start to materialize.

Lamb looking awesome. Also team plays so much better with Cody in the rotations. Team really struggled while he was hurt. I don't know why Hibbert ever plays. He is sooo slow.

IF he would resign a long term deal, what if anything would you give up for Boogie Cousins?

Because Batum for Boogie straight up works with the trade machine !

Last edited:
I wouldn't give up a goddamn thing for that headcase. If I was the GM, Cousins would have to pay me to play on my team. He'd be on my GM no-trade list along with Zach Randolph, Channing Frye, Eddie Griffin, and Jeff [Redacted].

Piss-poor game last night. Losing to the Pistons at home? This team has not fared well in back-to-backs. And Lamb promptly got hurt again.

i didn't think it could get any uglier than that game then i turned on the NC State game. At least the hornets had an excuse

Good comeback win last night on the road at Dallas despite horrific 3-pt shooting, following an awful final 40 seconds to blow a 7 point lead on Saturday. Good contributions from MKG and Mehtum. Still in first place without Marvin for a while now. Lamb played great again last night, including a dagger 3 at the end of the shotclock up 3 with a few seconds left in the game. I also have to give some credit to Sessions, as he has played relatively well as of late, but I think a lot of that is Lamb being able to ballhandle and initiate the offense as well, which allows Sessions to make better decisions.

And I still despise Derron Williams from that ACC/Big10 challenge game many years ago. I can't get over that.

Back