• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

2&2 Slider To Leyritz

Reaction score
Figured it was time to start a new thread for the new season. Season tickets arrived yesterday, and they made the presentation pretty cool this year: honeycomb box with the ticket cards inlayed in foam on the inside with two metal Hornets / Buzz City fridge magnets. They are also pimping the new scoreboards and other arena improvements, which I am excited to see. They already had one of the best fan experiences that I've seen across all sports.

The little team summary included with the tickets tries to highlight the Bellinelli, Hibbert, Sessions (barf), and Roberts (double barf) acquisitions, but they are what they are. Hopefully MKG can provide the necessary boost. Regardless, I'm about burned out on the NFL and its 800 commercial breaks every game, so I'm excited for the season to launch.

Last edited:
MKG looks good in preseason. Still a little rusty, but active and tenacious. Frank also looks strong underneath. Hibbert looks serviceable.
Not surprisingly, Sessions still sucks. I'm sure I'll say it 100 times again this season, but he is the worst finisher I have ever seen at the NBA level.

Does Perry Ellis have a realistic chance of making the roster?

I didn't even know he was there, he didn't play yesterday while I was watching. Christian Wood played a good deal of minutes and seems to have some potential.

They looked good last night in a preseason OT win in Chicago, still without Zeller. Kemba looked sharp, Bellinelli can stroke it, and MKG is an animal. At the end of regulation the 5 on the floor were Kemba, MKG, Batum, Frank, and Hibbert, which was an exceptional defensive and rebounding lineup. I think MKG got 4 offensive rebounds on one possession.

Ball handling and leadership past Kemba is suspect, as Sessions is fucking atrocious and a TO or blown finish waiting to happen. When Harrison came in they had him playing on the wing, so I guess Clifford doesn't feel he is a PG answer. A rookie PG Andrew Andrews (real original parents there) played decent in OT though a little out of control. I don't think Brian Roberts saw the floor. This team is in for a world of shit if/when Kemba gets hurt, as there is no legit backup PG or even a stopgap combo guard like Courtney Lee to run the show temporarily. That hole has to be rectified if they are to make the playoffs.

Daughter met Michael Jordan today at the Hornets court dedication at Latta Park. One of her friends stood between Jordan and Adam Silver while they cut the tape.

No way. A low-tier bowl is equivalent to an OOC game in October. Nobody else gives a shit other than the fans of the two hapless teams who are in it. Even a first round NBA playoff series gets some national attention, plus the chance to move on if an upset happens. Winning the low-tier bowl is still a ticket to nowhere, and won't be any bigger than our win at Indiana.

Considering you're going to lose as a 7-seed and the games are played on Tuesday night, it's not that different.

When 3 of the 5 games you play in your series are relegated to the 7 pm spot on NBA TV it is hard to argue that your postseason was more prestigious than a 7-5 team who plays between Christmas and NYE.

Roughly the same percentage of NBA and college football teams make the postseason.

An 8 seed playing a 1 would be like Wake playing Alabama in a bowl. We're not playing Alabama in a shitty bowl, we're playing Temple or USF. Our games against Clemson or Lville or FSU are bigger than any half-assed bowl game. An NBA team's playoff series is going to be their biggest games of the year.

An 8 seed playing a 1 would be like Wake playing Alabama in a bowl. We're not playing Alabama in a shitty bowl, we're playing Temple or USF. Our games against Clemson or Lville or FSU are bigger than any half-assed bowl game. An NBA team's playoff series is going to be their biggest games of the year.

So, a Raptors/Hornets 1st round NBA playoff series is more important/prestigious than a WF/Arizona State bowl game in Shreveport or WF/USF game in St. Pete? Another who is the tallest midget debate.... Not that it matters, but would be willing to bet that the TV ratings for any bowl game is significantly higher than any NBA first round matchup on NBA TV.

people are really arguing about a hypothetical wake bowl that hasn't been determined yet and a hypothetical hornets playoff match that hasn't been determined yet just because brasky came on here and posted his usual #ragenonsense

people are really arguing about a hypothetical wake bowl that hasn't been determined yet and a hypothetical hornets playoff match that hasn't been determined yet just because brasky came on here and posted his usual #ragenonsense

You either need to contribute to the conversation or be gone !

So, a Raptors/Hornets 1st round NBA playoff series is more important/prestigious than a WF/Arizona State bowl game in Shreveport or WF/USF game in St. Pete? Another who is the tallest midget debate.... Not that it matters, but would be willing to bet that the TV ratings for any bowl game is significantly higher than any NBA first round matchup on NBA TV.

Nobody but Wake/ASU or Wake/USF fans would even know or care those games were occurring or televised.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/te...834522544-hornets-legacy-project-recap-867065

My daughter filling it up over second year 6'11" forward Christian Wood while Kaminsky, Zeller, and other look on.

#swarmdefense

2s7aw5f.jpg

I love the game of basketball and like the hornets so I'd prefer to keep playing some good basketball like last season and hopefully that'll put us in to the playoffs

Back