• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

Bulls making Mirotic available. Lakers in free fall lost by 40+ could Young or Lou Will be available? Adding another scorer off the bench would help a lot

No chatter on here during the big matchup on ESPN against the Warriors tonight? Hornets up 58-55 in the 3Q.

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Jolly Saint Nic

#BringStephHome

We made more of a game of it tun I expected, but we just don't have the horses to compete with those guys especially without Zeller and Lamb. I do like that Clifford seems to be losing faith in Sessions. When he came in at the end of the 1st quarter the team just fell apart, so he didn't come in at his usual time in the 3rd and only played for a few short minutes right at the beginning of the 4th, where he promptly blew multiple opportunities and cratered the offense. We need a backup PG in the worst way. Hawes and MKG played well though.

GS is able to put the pedal down when they need to and score. We couldn't stop that, nor had an answer on offense. They are just a much better team.

Just a couple bad turnovers ended that one late in the fourth, but it always felt like GS was just going to drop the hammer at any point and win by double digits, which is exactly how it played out. Was pretty unexpected that our second unit consisting of Frank, Hawes, Sessions, and Marco was mostly able to hang with their second unit that still has Klay and Draymond. That roster is ridiculous

If I'm Cho I'm offering the Knicks Frank, Hawes, and Sessions for Melo and whichever Grant they have.

Melo has to agree to the the trade. He only wants big market or Cleveland.

Man I don't want Melo. At all. Not a winner. A real bitch.

And isn't coming here anyways.

He is a bitch and a loser, but are we more likely to win a playoff series with him or without him?

There is so much turmoil on other teams, we've got to be able to pick up somebody decent for next to nothing to help make a push. Bulls, Knicks, Cavs (obviously to a lesser degree) are all going to start moving people soon.

What if the Bulls just cut Rondo? Fucker can't shoot, but neither can Sessions and Rondo is a better passer and defender. Might they look to trade Wade?

Might the Cavs try to move Korver? I would love to get in as the third team in a LAC-NYK deal for Anthony and somehow end up with Redick.

He is a bitch and a loser, but are we more likely to win a playoff series with him or without him?

There is so much turmoil on other teams, we've got to be able to pick up somebody decent for next to nothing to help make a push. Bulls, Knicks, Cavs (obviously to a lesser degree) are all going to start moving people soon.

What if the Bulls just cut Rondo? Fucker can't shoot, but neither can Sessions and Rondo is a better passer and defender. Might they look to trade Wade?

Might the Cavs try to move Korver? I would love to get in as the third team in a LAC-NYK deal for Anthony and somehow end up with Redick.

Are the Cavs even allowed to trade Korver since they just picked him up? Or is that only with free agent signings where there is a dead period where you can't trade the player?

Our 4th quarter offense is painful to watch..
...it's a shame we wasted a good defensive effort on Carmelo by MKG with that garbage stretch of offense.

That was awful. How the hell does an NBA team go 6 minutes in the 4th quarter without scoring? That game shows what a fine line the Hornets are walking. They got great performances from Kemba, MKG, Beli, Batum, and Marvin, and still lost to a mediocre team that is in disarray. That shouldn't happen. If five of your top players play that well, the bench should be able to float you to a win. But Frank sucked, Sessions was awful, Hibbert and Hawes didn't do much, and Lamb didn't play again (I don't know if hurt or doghouse). It is very frustrating to watch.

Back to the earlier discussion, as I suggested yesterday the Knicks and Clips are looking for a third team to facilitate a Melo deal. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-angeles-clippers-seeking-third-trade-partner
How badly could this Hornets team use Jamal Crawford right now?

Most disappointing thing to me is that watching the warriors in person, their defense was so tough. Made you work for almost every point. We haven't played great D this year at all despite having the pieces to do so, and despite cliff being able to mold top 6 defenses even with big Al

Also speaking of needing more offense and building a good D with big Al as our center, what would it take to get Okafor?

Well what a shitastic way to end a horrible basketball 24-hours. Frank airballs a wide open 3 that would have won the game at the buzzer. Now off for a west coast trip that will surely end 0-3.

Fuck this shit. Fuck Demarcus Cousins. Fuck Danny Manning. Fuck Frank Kaminsky. Fuck Ron Wellman. Fuck Ramon Sessions. Fuck Luke Kennard. Fuck all these motherfuckers. Happy new year, same old shit.

Kemba made a good play to get Frank an open 3 for the win and my man shoots a damn air ball. God he sucks.

Yep. Everyone in the place, including all the Kings, thought Kemba was going to shoot it. There wasn't anyone within 10 feet of Frank, he stepped into the shot, and came up 3 feet short. What the fuck. I like the guy, but his defense and rebounding is weak for his position and his low post game is minimal. His only NBA skill at this point is shooting 3s, but if he can't hit those when it counts then try to move him.

I see what we're doing - trying to position for the 8th seed so we can take out the imploding Cavs in round one. Interesting strategy but one I'm sure will pay off.

Thanks to NBA for voting Kemba into the All-Star game, he deserved it but also serves as a bone to throw to Charlotte fans after taking the game away from the city

Back