• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

Hornets liked Plumlee since he was a starter in PHX. He isn't playing this season in a crowded Milwaukee front court and Cody's hamstring is tanking the season with Hibbert washed and Hawes being Hawes. Milwaukee doing this only to get rid of the contract

Still I loled bc Miles Plumlee is not gonna save the season.

@teamziller
"Roy, we're trading you to Milwaukee."

"Well at least I'm getting away from Spenc--"

"He's going with you."

Which plumlee is this? Do we have to feed the other ones too?

Isn't there a younger one that's supposed to be the best that is coming to duke soon, or did he already come through?

I assume this means that Cody is healthy right? I don't think Plumlee can play the whole game.

I assume this means that Cody is healthy right? I don't think Plumlee can play the whole game.

the opposite i think. they could have rolled with hibbert/hawes as the back-up if cody was coming back soon. they're trying to stop the slide now so they're trying to upgrade during the absence with plumlee. they promoted mike tobey from the d-league for the back-up C spot. probably see more Frank at C as well.

Isn't there a younger one that's supposed to be the best that is coming to duke soon, or did he already come through?

Marshall Plumlee, he was the worst of the 3 actually. They used to suck him off during broadcasts because he was joining the Army after he graduated Duke but he's now deferred it to play in the D-league.

Dudes on one of the Hornets boards are saying Plumlee actually gives us more offseason money than we had before because we get the full increased MLE?

If that is the case I can get behind it, as I do think he is probably better than the Roy/Hawes combo. Much more like Zeller than the other two in terms of athletecism and PnR. I'll give Cho the benefit of the doubt in light of the Beli trade, Batum trade, and getting Courtney Lee for PJ Hairston and a #2 (which was a complete fleecing).

But it still does nothing to address the Sessions debacle, which should be the top priority.

That was a frustrating, Wake-style loss. Dominated the whole game except for the last five minutes.

The good: Frank started at C and played well early, I think 10 points in the first 4 minutes. Plumlee looked decent despite not having even practiced with the team yet. Lamb is now fully healthy and carried the bench. It looks like Zeller will be back soon.

The bad: Frank fell apart at the end. Having Frank at the 5 is a true 5-out offense, which leaves absolutely no offensive rebounding because nobody is under the basket, and there is nobody to throw the ball to for a post shot if the jumpers aren't falling. Unlike the Warriors who have Draymond, this is what Barkley talks about when he says you can't win just shooting jumpers. Kemba was mediocre at best. Batum's shot selection continues to be awful. Even when he posts up a smaller guard, which he kind of has to as the only option in the 5-out, everything is a spinning fade-away.

The ugly: Sessions has a torn meniscus, which is good because it means he can't play, but bad because it means we can't trade him and Roberts isn't much better. Is Aaron Harrison still on this team in any way?

No, we traded Aaron Harrison for Cat Barber (D-League trade).

I would definitely take Cat Barber over Brian Roberts and Sessions at this point.

Had to hang on for dear life to beat a horrible Nets team at home to stop a 7-game slide, but better than nothing I guess. Kemba and Frank both shot horribly. Batum and Marvin both played decent, and Lamb was the best player on the court. Plumlee definitely fits this team better than Hibbert, he is a destitute man's Zeller. Hopefully Zeller will be back soon, but it would surprise me at this point if they don't keep him out through the AllStar break.

Frank and lamb have tried to lose this game on their own in the second half. Pathetic

Back