• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

Not sure what was scarier, watching Frank air ball a wide open 3 or seeing Jeff [Redacted] pop into the picture on the Houston sideline.

Actually [Redacted] was way scarier, I felt my blood pressure rise

Frank has been atrocious the last few games.

Good to get Cody back, they looked great with him in there. Then he promptly got hurt again and the team fell apart once he left.

Sixers and Raptors up this week before the All-Star break. Lost 9 of the last 10, and 14 of the last 18. Fallen to 9th in the East, with Miami and Milwaukee only a half-game back.

Embiid is hurt, so hopefully we can win this one (if he was playing we would probably lose). Then we'll get smoked by the Raptors as Derozen will drop his usual 35 on us.

I really wish Kemba wasn't in the AllStar game, he really needs the rest. It is like he gave his max effort up to the selection determination and then simply ran out of gas. This team is spiraling the drain and need him to get back to where he was earlier in the season to have any chance of saving it. And Cody really, really needs to come back. They are getting absolutely hammered on the defensive glass without him.

So if you had the choice of getting the 8 seed and being swept by LeBron in the first round, or do max losing down the stretch and take your chances in the lottery with this solid class, which would you choose? Because I'm having a hard time getting excited about a battle for the 8th seed, which seems like where this is heading. But I'm also having a hard time thinking the Hornets can draft well enough to take advantage of a lottery pick.

Yeah i would take the playoffs. It validates the season and further legitimizes the franchise, even if they do get rolled. On the flip side, the way their drafting has gone they have just as much of a chance hitting on a pick outside the lottery as they do inside of it. I don't see much an advantage of having a high pick that they would probably fuck up anyway. I trust their evaluation of existing NBA FAs and trade targets much more than I do their projection of college players, and being competitive is what attracts FAs.

Chris Fedor @ChrisFedor
#Cavs have traded Chris Andersen and cash to Charlotte Hornets for a protected second-round pick. Cavs now have another open roster spot.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell
The @Hornets are trading for --and immediately waiving -- Chris Anderson. Hornets getting $ to help Cavs relieve luxury tax bill.

Last edited:
Anything we can do to help the Cavs and shed a draft pick ?

Frank is infuriating. Kemba offers more rim protection and if he's not hitting threes he is utterly worthless

Also, our new $12m center can't get more than 9 minutes with our starting center out and the team getting abused in the paint? What the hell? Why'd we trade for him?

This team is cooked. Season ticket autorenewal date is Thursday, and they jacked up the prices by about 10%. Not sure I can get excited about renewing given this slide.

This team is cooked. Season ticket autorenewal date is Thursday, and they jacked up the prices by about 10%. Not sure I can get excited about renewing given this slide.

Blow winnable Game 6 at home that would advance you to the 2nd round for the first time in a decade plus, lose All-Star game hosting duties, go on dreaded mid-season slide to fall out of current season's playoff race, jack up season ticket prices 10%....yep, makes perfect sense why people would be excited about renewing after what has happened in the past year!

Account rep says there is a waitlist for lower level season tickets so that is why the prices went up. There might be one currently, but how many of them are going to convert into actual purchases given the collapse of the season?

Account rep says there is a waitlist for lower level season tickets so that is why the prices went up. There might be one currently, but how many of them are going to convert into actual purchases given the collapse of the season?

I'm sure it is just as solid as that waitlist the Redskins used to crow about for decades (and here we are in the present day with FedEx field having shed nearly 10,000 seats in the past few years).

Yeah my ticket guy called me and I'm gonna wait it out. Certainly don't see tickets getting any higher. This team is in complete collapse.

Hornets we're up 75-58 to end the third. It's now 80-77 with 4:30 left in the fourth. If we lose this and with our losing streak cliff could be a sneaky bet to get canned

Hornets we're up 75-58 to end the third. It's now 80-77 with 4:30 left in the fourth. If we lose this and with our losing streak cliff could be a sneaky bet to get canned

I think you meant "when"....87-82 now with 45 seconds to go. A whopping 7 points this quarter.

Good god. Cho's gotta be on the hot seat too. I guess you can still defend the batum contract but Marv has been a bad NBA player every year that he hasn't been playing for a contract and cho built possibly the worst bench in the league as well

Back