• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

Those Spence and Hibbert contracts would be pretty obvious swaps for Knight if Cho didn't blow his wad on Plumlee and his obscene contract

No deadline moves so it'll be this roster moving forward. The good news is we didn't panic and send our first-rounder out for a vet to chase the 8th seed.

if we could lose enough to get another scorer in the draft, then add a backup point guard in the offseason with the midlevel exception and some depth and we'd be back in business. Try out guys like McCallum and Cat Barber the rest of the season and hope you get a Yogi Ferrell hit instead of wasting time playing the awful Roberts (this is the most unlikely thing here, i like Cliff but he will play a washed up never was vet over trying youth any day of the week). Our starters when healthy together have been very good, but the bench is terrible and as we've seen it only took one long injury to a starter to collapse.

What a horrific game. Up 18 before completely falling apart and losing in OT. Granted, both Zeller and Plumlee are out so we are starting Frank at the 5 with Mike Tobey as his backup, but nonetheless it sucked.

Is there any reason to bring Zeller back now? I think we are 5-18 in our last 23 games since he went out, and I think 1-12 in our last 13. Not a true multi-year #process, but at least tank the season to try to get a better lottery pick. If we could get high enough to get Tatum it would be great. Or obviously the homer Collins pick, but have to tank less for that.

Nah, assets are worthless. You need to build from middling talent.

I don't think you bring Cody back any time soon but it seems like his injury is worse than anyone thought anyway so we don't seem in much danger of that. Hoping for a guy like Monk myself

Yeah Monk certainly fits the position of need.
Cody gets hit in the face on a nightly basis, it seems strange that a guy that tough would be out this long for a thigh bruise.

Great to finally get a road win again. Frank played well with 23 pts, as did MKG and Belli. The Mike Tobey experiment seems to be over, as Christian Wood backed up Frank at the 5. Brian Roberts also played well, which is a positive sign.

The officiating in that OT was absolutely ridiculous. They miss a blatant goaltend on Jordan where he clearly smacked the ball after it hit the glass on a Kemba scoop shot, then put Griffin on the line on a garbage call, then just a complete fuckup no-call when CP3 goes Patrick Davidson / Patrick Johnson on Kemba while the clock is winding down under 10 seconds with the ball down 1. Just complete bullshit.

It blows my mind how many calls cp3 gets gifted to him on offense and how many he avoids on defense. He was fouling Kemba on every possession there and then on the other end he would just drop to the floor like someone hit him with a sledgehammer and get 2 free throws. Both professional and college basketball are so unwatchable now.

Back