• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016-2017 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Sizzlin' Summer Bacon

Another strong game. Defense was solid in the second and for the most part even when our outside shooting was a little down.

Batum gets his first tripe-double of the season, and the team had more blocks than TOs which is pretty amazing. Only downside was that Beli left with an ankle injury, hopefully nothing serious. Two winnable road games early next week, so hopefully they can get back on track.

Raise your hand if two years ago you thought Cody Zeller would be this good as a Center in the NBA.

Welp, that ending sucked. Pretty good defense, Foye hits a tough 22 footer falling to his left for the win.

Yeah that was a kick in the nuts after controlling most of the game, falling behind, but taking the lead back with 2 seconds left. Those are the types of road wins that they need to cash in on if they ever want to hope for some separation from the 3-8 middle pack in the playoff picture.

Lamb played well again in Beli's absence, which is good as he seems to be bringing it consistently when given the opportunity. I still think he should start taking some of Sessions' minutes.

A strong two wins in a back-to-back on the road against Orlando and then home against Miami. Lamb's consistency off the bench carried them in both games and is really nice to see. He is such a strong rebounder for a guard it really helps them to get in transition easier when he is on the floor.

Batum is so good.

Really, this starting five of Kemba, Batum, MKG, Marvin, and Cody is quite competitive. If any of those 5 is out, things go to shit really quickly.

Still need a real backup PG.

Big measuring stick game coming up on Saturday. Would like to take that one to prove they are ready to be a top 4 team in the East this year. Will be the 4th straight sell-out at the Hive, according to the announcers last night, which is great to see.

Yeah Saturday night's game is going to be nuts. A win would really surprise me, but they've been playing well so who knows.

This team is frustrating

Yeah, why is Spencer Hawes getting back-to-back plays run for him in the last two minutes of a tight game? Was Cody hurt? I missed most of the game so don't know why he wasn't in at the end.

Also, why wasn't Clifford ejected there, wasn't that his 2nd tech? The officials did the Hornets no favors there in the last few minutes, either.

Zeller is in concussion protocol. We seem like we blow a lot of 7-10 point leads with under 6 minutes to go

Yeah that sucked. That game was completely in hand until the last 3 or 4 minutes. Nobody could stop Butler, which is frustrating given that our three best defenders, MKG, Batum, and Marvin, are all wing defenders.

And that second tech wasn't on Clifford, they put it on MKG.

It was an especially frustrating loss after being completely outclassed by Cleveland on NYE. I know it is the same for everyone but Golden State and Cleveland, but this team never seems to be able to keep its head above water.

Yeah that sucked. That game was completely in hand until the last 3 or 4 minutes. Nobody could stop Butler, which is frustrating given that our three best defenders, MKG, Batum, and Marvin, are all wing defenders.

And that second tech wasn't on Clifford, they put it on MKG.

It was an especially frustrating loss after being completely outclassed by Cleveland on NYE. I know it is the same for everyone but Golden State and Cleveland, but this team never seems to be able to keep its head above water.

Yeah, would be nice to go on a little win streak and start some separation from the rest of the 3-12 pack (only 5 games separates 3rd place from 12th place in the East right now). However, dropping winnable games like last night (and the Brooklyn game last week) do not help matters. Tough home game tomorrow vs. the Thunder, followed by another 5-game road trip (the last one of those did not go well).

Getting to see Westbrook, getting to see my team win against Westbrook, then getting home and seeing DSJ put up a Westbrook esque triple double and the team put up 100 is pretty much basketball nirvana for me

Down 19 points in the fourth quarter at Detroit ? No problem. Kemba goes off for 20 in the quarter and a Hawes 3-pointer ties it with 8.0. Pistons ball though.

Back