• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How long before we hear rummors of bigger schools pursuing Clawson?

The X Factor for Clawson is that his entire family resides in Charlotte. That's a big plus for him. That, coupled with the fact that he has stated that Wake is a place where you can do things "the right way" bodes well for us.

Clawson left a significantly bigger school to come here.

So did Grobe coming from Ohio U., what's the point? All but 2 I think FBS schools are bigger than Wake, but there are many more than that considered lower tier jobs.

This discussion shouldn't happen until you guys beat a decent/ranked team. You're going bowling, so enjoy that but let's not act like this is an Orange Bowl repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want us to tell you what the Orange Bowl was like?

Dave Clawson has already been offered the Nick Saban coach in waiting job at Alabama didn't you know. But really if Coach Claw has does that great of a job and we have that outstanding of a year this year and next or whatever then more power to him and he will have set us up for great things for the next coach. It will not be like the rebuilding shithole he had to take over where the cupboard was totally bare.

I love what DaveClawson is doing and I do think he will set the program up, but no P5 power is going to come after a guy who had back to back 3-9 seasons just because we are 5-1. Even a 9 win season this year would be questionable. Most big ten teams and sec teams fan bases would be beside themselves with that kind a hire.

I'd hate to lose Clawson. I love the guy how he handles the media and players. I don't know what his dream job is but if it's not Wake it will be whatever job he gets next.

Clawson is total rebuild kind of coach. Question is, does he want to rebuild yet another program? And in a tougher conference than the ACC?

I am not concerned with LSU, USC, or Texas. My concern would be the job opening that is created the school that loses their coach to one of those big 3.

Clawson is total rebuild kind of coach. Question is, does he want to rebuild yet another program? And in a tougher conference than the ACC?

Coaches all have huge egos and they are all fueled by wanting to be the highest paid at what they do just like other humans in any job. If another suitor were to come along offering 3 or 4 million reasons for him to leave here I do not see why he would stay. But we are already giving him over 2 million reasons to stay here with a chance to play Boston College, Syracuse and Duke every year.

A little premature with this thread. Clawson's a good coach, but we're going to get thrashed by Louisville and Clemson and probably FSU. Let's see where we are a year from now and maybe then it'll be time to worry.

My concern is that with Grobe we lost all those assistants to the bigger schools and the pros.

I would pay Mike Elko the same kind of offensive and defensive coordinator money that Klemton pays their guys. If we pay him that and he goes to Notre Dame anyway we can't go back and blame ourselves.

My concern is that Grobe replaced them from within instead of getting out the wallet to attract the best talent.

A little premature with this thread. Clawson's a good coach, but we're going to get thrashed by Louisville and Clemson and probably FSU. Let's see where we are a year from now and maybe then it'll be time to worry.

Clawson will do his absolute BEST coaching job by keeping us in those games long enough so we are not thrashed, and we have tape to watch and learn from. Sometimes 78-0, coaches and teams don't watch the tape.

That psychological work should get us to 8-4.

When we get to 8-4, then give him a fat raise.

Back