• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How long before we hear rummors of bigger schools pursuing Clawson?

Lembo is still available

Let's get our guy!

So I guess one shouldn't draw big conclusions from off-season projections and the results of the first game of the season. :)

Haha. Got me there. But as Chris pointed out, the alternating QB system was horrible and didn't bode well going forward without a major change.

At some point in all you guys lives, you will realize that no one is irreplaceable. No One. When you do you will also realize that you are better at whatever you are doing than you think you are. Too bad it take a long time to figure that shit out.

Slightly off-topic, who are the coaches most likely to be hired by someone else this upcoming offseason? I would assume Herman is tier 1, and I guess Briles. I would think Les Miles might be tier 2. I don't have any idea whether people think they could get Chris Petersen, but I tend to doubt it.

Who else might be out there- Petrino? I feel like the hot MAC coaches left last year. The guy at Tulane will probably be good, but he is a year or 2 away.

Slightly off-topic, who are the coaches most likely to be hired by someone else this upcoming offseason? I would assume Herman is tier 1, and I guess Briles. I would think Les Miles might be tier 2. I don't have any idea whether people think they could get Chris Petersen, but I tend to doubt it.

Who else might be out there- Petrino? I feel like the hot MAC coaches left last year. The guy at Tulane will probably be good, but he is a year or 2 away.

From the non-Power V schools: Willie Taggart at USF and PJ Fleck at W. Michigan are both hot names. Boise State coach Bryan Harsin has them cranked up again.

For the mega-jobs (LSU, Texas, USC), outside of Hermann they would probably try first for a Power V coach: Larry Fedora (if UNC wins 9+ games), Kyle Whittingham (Utah), Mike Gundy (he is not getting a long with OK State's primary donor), Pat Narduzzi (Pitt).

The cemeteries are full of indispensable men.

From the non-Power V schools: Willie Taggart at USF and PJ Fleck at W. Michigan are both hot names. Boise State coach Bryan Harsin has them cranked up again.

For the mega-jobs (LSU, Texas, USC), outside of Hermann they would probably try first for a Power V coach: Larry Fedora (if UNC wins 9+ games), Kyle Whittingham (Utah), Mike Gundy (he is not getting a long with OK State's primary donor), Pat Narduzzi (Pitt).

Add Todd Graham to that list. He's more likely to finish with 9+ wins this year.

Last edited:
Somebody do a South Park "Coach Clawson just won 8 games at Wake Forest....annnnnnd he's gone" meme.

2998c8ae8c73c242f221d69b7ef59f75c0c4d6cf4c6183524d1c25ae862c941d.jpg

Amen about Hood. The best over many hears no matter the talent level.

Never mustered much of a pass rush and I seem to recall lots of prevent defense and soft coverage by the corners. He was good but Elko is much more aggressive

I put more of the blame for our countless lost leads under Grobe on him as opposed to Hood. The offense and defensive philosophies played an equal part in so many leads disappearing

You don't like watching Wake's defenders playing 15 yards off of the opponent's offense on 3rd and 10? It really seemed to work out when the opponents WRs dropped the ball on that play.

I think there's pretty much zero chance a big-time program hires Briles this year. Way too much baggage. Kind of doubt Petrino would leave, but that hasn't stopped him before

IF Clawson leaves, I suspect it is for a B10 school. Penn St in particular would worry me if/when they ever cut ties with Franklin.

If Notre Dame would lower themselves to it, they would be smart to look at Clawson in the future. He would do well there.

IF Clawson leaves, I suspect it is for a B10 school. Penn St in particular would worry me if/when they ever cut ties with Franklin.

If Notre Dame would lower themselves to it, they would be smart to look at Clawson in the future. He would do well there.

If that ever happens I hope he takes Hatch with him.

I'd be kinda surprised if they would go right back to the "overachieving with small private school in P5 conference" angle

Back