• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson's Wikipedia Page

Brangus

Reaction score
Nice work athletic/media department for being on top of getting his Wikipedia page photo updated. The Wake Forest section is highly detailed as well. Strong effort. #sarcasm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Clawson

Dave_Clawson_at_2012_Military_Bowl.jpg

Right, it's definitely the athletic department's job to maintain Dave Clawson's Wikipedia page #sarcasm

I thought it was actually frowned upon for non-neutral parties to update pages, but I'm far from a Wikipedia expert

Right, it's definitely the athletic department's job to maintain Dave Clawson's Wikipedia page #sarcasm

I thought it was actually frowned upon for non-neutral parties to update pages, but I'm far from a Wikipedia expert

The AD did a very good job of monitoring and editing Jeff [Redacted]'s Wikipedia page.

The AD did a very good job of monitoring and editing Jeff [name redacted]'s Wikipedia page.

This is what I was referring to in a roundabout way. The AD/SI office edited and puffed the Wikipedia page for one of the worst coaches in Wake and ACC history, but this one is left without even a photo of Clawson in Black and Gold. Of course our large and passionate fanbase could have done something too I suppose.

ISIS: Disaster
Coal Plants: Disaster
33,000 emails: Disaster
Wake Forest University's third year head football coach's Wikipedia page...DISASTER!

Someone should edit it if they want. I edited the WF Basketball one last season as it was bare bones in numerous spots beforehand. No one is going to object to positive, effective changes.

Link? I've never heard anything about this and I'm pretty sure that I would have if it was a real thing.

It took me about 4 minutes to find edits by a Wake employee that removed criticism of Bz. Ironically his bio:

Hello, my name is Mark Anderson, and I work in the Communications and External Relations office at Wake Forest. I'm here to contribute factual, verifiable information that will improve the quality of Wake Forest-related pages. I'm aware of Wikipedia's policies and guidelines, specifically related to conflict of interest, and I will abide by them. My work will be restricted to suggestions on talk pages, and I will not engage in direct editing any Wake Forest-related pages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jeff_Bzdelik&diff=589986243&oldid=589970286

It took me about 4 minutes to find edits by a Wake employee that removed criticism of Bz. Ironically his bio:

Hello, my name is Mark Anderson, and I work in the Communications and External Relations office at Wake Forest. I'm here to contribute factual, verifiable information that will improve the quality of Wake Forest-related pages. I'm aware of Wikipedia's policies and guidelines, specifically related to conflict of interest, and I will abide by them. My work will be restricted to suggestions on talk pages, and I will not engage in direct editing any Wake Forest-related pages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jeff_Bzdelik&diff=589986243&oldid=589970286

Nice find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jeff_[name redacted]&diff=589986243&oldid=589970286

Huh? First of all that's not an athletic department employee, and specifically he said that he's NOT editing the pages in accordance with Wiki conflict-of-interest guidelines.

Anyway, it's stupid to argue about this in the absence of facts. I was just wondering if it was a real thing that Wake athletic department employees were editing Bz's Wiki page since I didn't know anything about it and thought that I would have. And it turns out nobody knows whether they were or weren't. Big surprise. So let's move on

Side note: That Mark Anderson quote shows exactly why the athletic department can't edit Clawson's page itself. So get on it fans!

Last edited:
I linked directly to his edits of Bz's page.

But #defend at will.

I didn't realize how pathetic. Dude in his 3rd year and there's nothing about him.

I linked directly to his edits of Bz's page.

But #defend at will.

His statement right here says he's only editing the discussion pages and not the actual page itself: Hello, my name is Mark Anderson, and I work in the Communications and External Relations office at Wake Forest. I'm here to contribute factual, verifiable information that will improve the quality of Wake Forest-related pages. I'm aware of Wikipedia's policies and guidelines, specifically related to conflict of interest, and I will abide by them. My work will be restricted to suggestions on talk pages, and I will not engage in direct editing any Wake Forest-related pages.

Am I reading that wrong?

His statement right here says he's only editing the discussion pages and not the actual page itself: Hello, my name is Mark Anderson, and I work in the Communications and External Relations office at Wake Forest. I'm here to contribute factual, verifiable information that will improve the quality of Wake Forest-related pages. I'm aware of Wikipedia's policies and guidelines, specifically related to conflict of interest, and I will abide by them. My work will be restricted to suggestions on talk pages, and I will not engage in direct editing any Wake Forest-related pages.

Am I reading that wrong?

Click on the link. As best I can tell Mark Anderson said he would abstain from editing and then edited. Or he got caught editing and had to post that statement. His edits are in the link.

It appears that Mark Anderson is a LIAR with questionable ethics. Maybe he should consider a career in politics.

Back