• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 6 NFL Thread: The Las Vegas Raiders Has a Nice Ring to It

Mike florio has a segment on the nbcsports website saying NFL needs to use instant replay to review pass interference penalties. He also seems to say the viewership may be down because these penalties cannot be reviewed and fans think the errors cannot be fixed and get turned off by this. I would argue just the opposite. Replay is terrible and should be used less not more to keep things moving.

Pretty dumb argument by Florio. If people were p'oed by botched NFL calls I don't think the league would've ever reached the popularity it achieved

I'm fine with more instant replay. It should just be done by an independent off site official with access to all camera angles who has no idea of what's going on in the game or the original call. That official makes the final call. Shouldn't take more than a minute to complete. If it's inconclusive, call goes to the offense.

FYI hawk....Fitz still sucks

Man, the NFL really does suck. Terrible product right now.

Anything with more commercials/stoppages in play = bad

Yeah that is the problem, not the replay itself. RedZone has cannibalized the NFL's own product and made it virtually unwatchable. Plus the fact that the ad rates are so high that only a few megacorps can afford the slots, so it is the same fucking 5 commercials all game. It's lemonade man, read the sign. Read it.

luls y'all hammered me for saying the exact same shit last season

Call me LCD if you want, but I contend that fantasy football and the RedZone Network have made the NFL better.

I'm going to follow it anyway, and both are incredible resources for that.

this made me laugh.

One Year Ago Today

CvERxuXUkAA7Nig.jpg

Back