• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Didn't Darius play prep ball in NH?

Patrick Ewing played at Boston Latin.

Brewster Academy is a bball factory.

Pretty sure HS hoops in New England in general are just not very good

Actually there's a prep league, that includes New Hampton (Songaila) and St. Thomas More that's very very good.

Didn't Darius play prep ball in NH?

Patrick Ewing played at Boston Latin.

Brewster Academy is a bball factory.

Ewing wasn't Boston Latin. He played at Cambridge Ringe & Latin (as did Rumeal Robinson a few yrs later). Overall, NE public school leagues don't produce tons of talent, compared to NE prep leagues. But smattering of top D1 guys every few years - Michael Carter-Williams and Nerlens Noel two recent examples.

Joel Ntambwe (UR: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Tennesee, Wichita State, Duquesne, and Denver. He's playing at Forest Trail Academy this year, and a close friend of mine is an assistant coach over there and said that Wake is his dream school. He was out in Kansas before he came to wonderful Kernersville, NC, and that is where he came to know more about the legend of Danny Manning. My buddy said it's only a matter of time before the blue bloods come calling. He said every coach that has came is blown away and falls in love with his game. He's 6'8-6'9 slim but has outside and inside ability and goes hard. I'll post if I receive any updates on his recruitment. Also Forest Trail scrimmaged J-Ho's Piedmont International team last night and Forest Trail won!

HS Scouting Report: Joel Ntambwe

BY JAMES BLACKBURNJUN 20, 2016
Share on Facebook Tweet Share Share Pin
By James Blackburn

I was able to catch a few hours of the Phenom Hoops HS Summer Jam Fest today in Greensboro. Over 15 HS teams competed on 3 courts while being watched by several scouting services and college coaches alike. No player stood out however as much as 6’8″ guard Joel Ntambwe for Forest Trail Academy, coached by Antonio Lowe.

Joel just recently came to NC after playing his sophomore year in Kansas. He showed off the entire package today and scored 24 points in game 1 in a big win.

Joel can play up to 4 positions if needed and spent all season last year playing the PG for his team which I saw him do some today. He has the ball handling and passing ability to do so. He uses his height to be able to see over the defense where he delivers on time and on target passes to cutters. He is an unselfish player as well.

He is a good athlete and really fluid as a player. Joel has good length which he uses to contest shots on the defensive end. I didnt see him shoot much from the outside today but his FT stroke looked solid. He attacked the goal relentlessly and was able to get to the rim almost at will.

After already attracting the attention of most HM programs in Kansas, dont be surprised to see him quickly garner attention in NC and the surrounding southeast.

I love 6'8 guards. Well, Danny, Wake is his dream school. Get an early commitment.

Back