• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Who will be spending this year playing for MBK Lucenec of the Slovak Extraliga league (Slovakia)

I tried to find the 'former Deacs where are they now' thread but couldn't locate it. Devin is playing in Turkey now and Codi is in Belgium.

Codi also has his own website now. It's http://www.cmmpatience.com/

The Idea of "Patience" was developed in my early years of college. I suffered from mild aniexty due to being completely consumed in the unchangeable past, the "dissapointing" present, while also attempting to speed up my future blessings. This anixety was caused as I became envious of other people who were succeeding at chasing their dreams at a much faster pace than myself. As a result of my anxiety, I began to take sleeping medicine every night to help calm restlessness. The reality that my dreams were not manifesting in the physical world as fast as I wanted them to was overwhelming.

On one of those restless evenings while laying down, I vividly recall telling myself, "Relax kid, everything that's meant to be will be. You just need to stay patient and trust in God." This internal revelation was the start of devoting my entire life not only to the pursuit of my dreams, but moreso to the idea of "Patience". With the goal of inspiring anyone else who is chasing a dream, no matter what dream that may be.

Patience, to me, doesn't mean you should sit around and wait for things to happen. This idea means that you should work as hard as you can to achieve a particular goal and believe wholeheartedly and having unwavering faith that one day your hard work will pay off. It doesn't matter when it pays off, it's simply trusting and knowing that it will be paid off. Heck, even if it doesnt come true at least you know that you did everything in your power in attempt to make your dreams a reality

Joel Ntambwe (UR: OFFERED): Wake Forest, Tennesee, Wichita State, Duquesne, and Denver. He's playing at Forest Trail Academy this year, and a close friend of mine is an assistant coach over there and said that Wake is his dream school. He was out in Kansas before he came to wonderful Kernersville, NC, and that is where he came to know more about the legend of Danny Manning. My buddy said it's only a matter of time before the blue bloods come calling. He said every coach that has came is blown away and falls in love with his game. He's 6'8-6'9 slim but has outside and inside ability and goes hard. I'll post if I receive any updates on his recruitment. Also Forest Trail scrimmaged J-Ho's Piedmont International team last night and Forest Trail won!

Is Forest Trail Academy an actual school? Isn't that where Giles ended up his SR year?

HS Scouting Report: Joel Ntambwe

BY JAMES BLACKBURNJUN 20, 2016
Share on Facebook Tweet Share Share Pin
By James Blackburn

I was able to catch a few hours of the Phenom Hoops HS Summer Jam Fest today in Greensboro. Over 15 HS teams competed on 3 courts while being watched by several scouting services and college coaches alike. No player stood out however as much as 6’8″ guard Joel Ntambwe for Forest Trail Academy, coached by Antonio Lowe.

Joel just recently came to NC after playing his sophomore year in Kansas. He showed off the entire package today and scored 24 points in game 1 in a big win.

Joel can play up to 4 positions if needed and spent all season last year playing the PG for his team which I saw him do some today. He has the ball handling and passing ability to do so. He uses his height to be able to see over the defense where he delivers on time and on target passes to cutters. He is an unselfish player as well.

He is a good athlete and really fluid as a player. Joel has good length which he uses to contest shots on the defensive end. I didnt see him shoot much from the outside today but his FT stroke looked solid. He attacked the goal relentlessly and was able to get to the rim almost at will.

After already attracting the attention of most HM programs in Kansas, dont be surprised to see him quickly garner attention in NC and the surrounding southeast.

I hope Gaybone is okay...usually he pounces on these opportunities.

I tried to find the 'former Deacs where are they now' thread but couldn't locate it. Devin is playing in Turkey now and Codi is in Belgium.

Codi also has his own website now. It's http://www.cmmpatience.com/

The Idea of "Patience" was developed in my early years of college. I suffered from mild aniexty due to being completely consumed in the unchangeable past, the "dissapointing" present, while also attempting to speed up my future blessings. This anixety was caused as I became envious of other people who were succeeding at chasing their dreams at a much faster pace than myself. As a result of my anxiety, I began to take sleeping medicine every night to help calm restlessness. The reality that my dreams were not manifesting in the physical world as fast as I wanted them to was overwhelming.

On one of those restless evenings while laying down, I vividly recall telling myself, "Relax kid, everything that's meant to be will be. You just need to stay patient and trust in God." This internal revelation was the start of devoting my entire life not only to the pursuit of my dreams, but moreso to the idea of "Patience". With the goal of inspiring anyone else who is chasing a dream, no matter what dream that may be.

Patience, to me, doesn't mean you should sit around and wait for things to happen. This idea means that you should work as hard as you can to achieve a particular goal and believe wholeheartedly and having unwavering faith that one day your hard work will pay off. It doesn't matter when it pays off, it's simply trusting and knowing that it will be paid off. Heck, even if it doesnt come true at least you know that you did everything in your power in attempt to make your dreams a reality

Ok, disappointing is a tough word. But anxiety is spelled wrong twice in two different ways.

Also, that is the most Jeff [Redacted] thing ever. Could have been shortened to "The idea of patience was developed in my early years of college when I first met Jeff [Redacted]. He showed me that when you rule out success, hope, fulfillment, victory, fun, respect, and decency - all you have left is the choice between utter despair and patience. I chose patience, but seriously, fuck that guy."

amazing amount of talent comes out of Kinston, especially for a city around 25k.

There was a documentary about Kinston basketball very recently.

Man, If I had grown up in Kinston I'd probably be a professional basketball player or a professional fisherman.

I think the Ingram,Stackhouse, Shacklefords, and Dawson families are all related. Can you imagine some of the backyard games.

“The “Kinston Pipeline” will continue for another four years. Let’s just say this, “Damian Dunn has a chance to be really special.” In our opinion, Damian has the total package. He combines size, athleticism, skill and youth. He’s only going to continue to get better over time and that’s a scary thought for his opposition. Coach Carrier stated, “Damian is a shot maker, he scores from all three levels on the court. He takes advantage over smaller wings by utilizing his sheer strength and mobility.” In addition, he’s a versatile defender and toughness is his calling call. Damian has all the ingredients to be the next “great prospect” out of Kinston. Without question, he is the real deal.”

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/711667?referrer_id=1555437

Back