• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Yeah. That was a home run hire.

Jaylen Hoard had a nice first half. 11 pts (1/1 3pt, 6/6 FT), couple steals, some rebounds, a blocked shot, & nice defensive intensity. Announcers seem to really like him and say NBA guys are interested in his development.

Nice first half where? Is it streaming or on TV?

ESPNU

ETA: crap, I think everyone forgot to post about the game. Game started at 7. He's #10 on the white team.

Nike The Academy Championship Game.

Last edited:
Yeah I found it. I don't remember seeing anything posted about it.

Man, I trust you guys for stuff like this.

He's a little bigger than I thought. Nice stroke and an obvious impact player. Look forward to him making things official with Wake.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- 2018 recruits Devoe, Mucius, & Roberts set OVs

Yeah. He's pretty big. Damn. Just drained a nice three. Finished an alley oop. Missed a three.

Hoard seems to have the ball every time I look up. He just seems to always get open.

Last edited:
Ayo is #3 on White.

Before Dinos left Lunardi had us First Four Out...without Dinos we aren't even in Second Four Out. Wow.

Probably about right

Danny has a lot to prove this season as a coach

This could a legitimately tough season before we have a stretch of Top 20 years.

Hoard had a strong second half as well. He did miss a lot free throws but really used his long arms to score around the basket and on run outs. Had around 24 points or so. Didn't offer much resistance on interior defense. Looked like a young Guy Morgan but plays more like a raw Grant Hill at this stage.

Andrew Slater is a guy whose opinion I generally respect but he tweeted numerous times about the Academy game but neglected to mention Hoard once. Didn't include him with the guys who played best, nor the players who NBA scouts liked - which Biancardi and other analysts agree Hoard was a part of both lists. Duke guy purposely trying to keep a (possible) Wake guy down.

I saw about the last 70% of the game and Hoard's recruiting was never mentioned. Weird. Biancardi said he played a full game meaning that showed up in all the box score categories in a positive way.

Last edited:
I saw about the last 70% of the game and Hoard's recruiting was never mentioned. Weird. Biancardi said he played a full game meaning that showed up in all the box score categories in a positive way.

It would be nice to get the Wake love but it's good that there wasn't a big battle to discuss.

Let it never be said that this staff is outworked. Truly impressive stuff this year especially.

I've been holding on to a bit of Hoard news for a long while from a #sauce and I can't say too much except what has already been said...we're in very good shape there. No vibes required.

PM please

This is good guys! Just hang in there until his visit. You want more people looking at him??? I think not

Back