• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Hes walking on, Evans just tweeted it.

Confirmed by BloggerSoDear. If a scholarship come open in the Spring, I wonder if that will change. He surely won't be a walk-on for more than a year.

I think we may be trying to get Curtis Hollis as a preferred walk on as well.

Confirmed by BloggerSoDear. If a scholarship come open in the Spring, I wonder if that will change. He surely won't be a walk-on for more than a year.

I think we may be trying to get Curtis Hollis as a preferred walk on as well.

One year at Wake ain't cheap. I hope these guys have some major cash. I assume they'd be turning down low-major or mid-major offers to walk-on at Wake.

Sounds like a pretty impressive get as a walk-on. Anyone have a perspective if he has the potential to contribute in games, or is he likely a valuable big body in practice that helps our APR?

Sounds like a pretty impressive get as a walk-on. Anyone have a perspective if he has the potential to contribute in games, or is he likely a valuable big body in practice that helps our APR?

He's described as a "defensive ace" by some scouts. So it's possible he will contribute beyond practice but I wouldn't expect it.

Very good story about him and very impressive young man, considering the life change he's had in the past few years.
Now he's 6' 8", 240, very good, but still learning the game.......and a good student.
Welcome Sunday. Glad to have you join the Deacs.

Will he be able to be on an academic or need scholarship since we never offered an athletic scholarship?

Will he be able to be on an academic or need scholarship since we never offered an athletic scholarship?

You can't do that. If the player is recruited at all, he either has to be given an athletic scholarship or none at all. If that wasn't a rule, there would be players showing up with all kinds of "needs" based scholarship money playing significant minutes in many sports. Any scholarship money he gets has to fit under the number of scholarships Wake is allowed for men's basketball.

It wasn't clear that he was officially being "recruited". Buy if he was, I'd agree with you 100%.

Likely a combination of academic scholarship and need-based financial aid (hopefully w/o a loan component). Tuition at his current home, Green Farms Academy, is $42,770. Perhaps he has a family member or other concerned party who is helping him with his current situation ... and who can assist at WFU while he works to earn a full scholarship. Whatever the case, it appears he will join Samuel Japhet-Mathias as hoopsters originally from Nigeria.

You can't do that. If the player is recruited at all, he either has to be given an athletic scholarship or none at all. If that wasn't a rule, there would be players showing up with all kinds of "needs" based scholarship money playing significant minutes in many sports. Any scholarship money he gets has to fit under the number of scholarships Wake is allowed for men's basketball.

Is that really the case? The Ivy League doesn't offer athletic scholarships. Only financial aid.

Back