• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Agree, WF constantly mentioned with Newman, Wright Jr, Drinnon, Hoard, and Mucius. Plus Wiggins but I think he's going to Maryland.

WF has offered one big but he's not likely (McCormack). Maybe Manning is happy with Sarr, Moore, and SJM plus some of the taller, athletic wings in a 4/1 setup.

Having Sarr makes McCormack a bit less essential as a recruit, though I do expect to see Manning and the staff aggressively recruiting big men in the Class of 2019 this summer.

Having Sarr makes McCormack a bit less essential as a recruit, though I do expect to see Manning and the staff aggressively recruiting big men in the Class of 2019 this summer.
Oh yeah, definitely not a position of need but it does kinda reinforce that Manning's plan is to not play 2 true down-low bigs that often.

Oh yeah, definitely not a position of need but it does kinda reinforce that Manning's plan is to not play 2 true down-low bigs that often.

I think Danny's optimum team is:

A big to rebound, blocks shots and score 9-14 ppg on inside play
A second big who can shoot threes or a rally long win who rebound to go with his three point shooting
Two 6'5-6'9 wings who shoot, cut off passing lanes, run and are strong
A drive and dish PG who shoots to keep the opposition honest.

He wants his PG to be able rebound and start the break off the defensive boards. If you watch most of our games, Dinos and JC would clear out room for Bryant or the other guards to get rebounds and run off them.

I don't watch a ton of NBA, but I think it's structured more like a run and gun type NBA team than anything.

Push the tempo, stretch the defense with shooters, and get a lot of athleticism out there.

I don't watch a ton of NBA, but I think it's structured more like a run and gun type NBA team than anything.

Push the tempo, stretch the defense with shooters, and get a lot of athleticism out there.

I'm not sure recruiting guys like Moore and SJM really fits with a run and gun type. He likes a faster pace, but he's obviously not afraid to feed the post in the half court.

Good point---maybe he thought Moore would be able to get up and down the court better than he can now.

Sarr seems to be a guy that can based on the limited highlights I've seen.

I think Danny's optimum team is:

A big to rebound, blocks shots and score 9-14 ppg on inside play
A second big who can shoot threes or a rally long win who rebound to go with his three point shooting
Two 6'5-6'9 wings who shoot, cut off passing lanes, run and are strong
A drive and dish PG who shoots to keep the opposition honest.

He wants his PG to be able rebound and start the break off the defensive boards. If you watch most of our games, Dinos and JC would clear out room for Bryant or the other guards to get rebounds and run off them.

Umm, pretty sure any coach would salivate over that line-up. Only one guy shorter than 6'5"? Hell, we were the tallest team in the country in '09 and still didn't have that.

Back