• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

If McClinton graduates this offseason and moves on, are we likely going to use that scholarship for a grad transfer? We'll have three open scholarships for 2018 if we go the grad transfer route, right? It seems like it would be most beneficial to go after another stretch 4 to back up Dinos to replace Arains' shooting.

I agree that we'll be looking for a big if McClinton graduates.

Wake Forest: “When I first heard they were recruiting me, I got really excited. When I think of their program, I think of Chris Paul and what he’s been able to do with the things they’ve taught him while he was there. I like how they are recruiting me so far... They have been to my practices and they were at a lot of my games in the summer for the Adidas Uprising Gauntlet. I’ve met their coaches and they are all great people. They show me love constantly and that’s a huge part of recruiting.”

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/725509?referrer_id=2306206

He came up with good, somewhat unique answers for each school. Impressive interview.

Wake Forest: “When I first heard they were recruiting me, I got really excited. When I think of their program, I think of Chris Paul and what he’s been able to do with the things they’ve taught him while he was there. I like how they are recruiting me so far... They have been to my practices and they were at a lot of my games in the summer for the Adidas Uprising Gauntlet. I’ve met their coaches and they are all great people. They show me love constantly and that’s a huge part of recruiting.”

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/725509?referrer_id=2306206

Is he any good

He's ranked as a Top 100 player. We've had precious few of those since 2010.

Ranger, how serious a consideration are we for him? Which 2018 kids do you think are the staff's highest priority? Re. 2017, we all know Chaundree will get tons of PT. Do you see Eggleston getting many minutes next season?

From the tapes that are available RE: Eggleston, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't as underrated as Brandon was.

I would rate Sharone Wright jr. as the recruit we're most likely to land. I've not seen anything to change my opinion that we are his leader.

Devon Dotson is our top target and we're in good shape there. Isaiah Muscious is another highly rated recruit that we're in great position to land. Those are just a few of the recruits we're involved with. I doubt we see anyone commit to Wake before April at the earliest.

I think Eggleston will see the floor for more than just mop up minutes next year, but I'm not expecting him to be a major contributor as a freshman.

We need one more big...Danny and Chill should have videos of JC with them whenever they recruit bigs. The before and after could be a great closer.

I definitely think we'll take a big in this class. But I have no idea who it will be at this point.

So is Clemson not recruiting Wright Jr hard or does he not want to follow his dad's footsteps? It would be weird to have Randolph Childress and Sharone Wright's kids on the same team.

I think we need two bigs in this class. Collins will declare before his senior year at this pace.

didn't realize JC was averaging 19/9 on .667 through 5 games. and he's only playing 23 mpg. dayum.

tough seeing any minutes available for next year's team. losing one rotation player and adding the highest recruit since aminu. if greg graduates melo might be able to take his spot minutes, but he'll also have competition from the sophs.

Back