• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Probably a dumb question but did Mading de-commit from ASU? Any reason given?

Probably a dumb question but did Mading de-commit from ASU? Any reason given?

Mading decommitted in June after originally committing in December 2015. No reason for decommitting was given publically. Wake recruited him before his commitment to ASU and was one of the first to contact him when he opened it back up.

Mading decommitted in June after originally committing in December 2015. No reason for decommitting was given publically. Wake recruited him before his commitment to ASU and was one of the first to contact him when he opened it back up.

Great to hear. Head coach at The Rock was an assistant for 4 years under Svend Wilbekin ... so that connection can't hurt us.

6'9" and 180 is what ESPN lists him at? I'm sure that isn't completely accurate but I'm having trouble coming up with anyone other than a 5* like Brandon Ingram with anything like those measurables being an impact player.

Not really the company I want Manning to keep.

I only know about it because a buddy used to work there.

Never even heard of Claflin before.

Small school out of Orangeburg, SC. I drove by signs for it every time I came/left home while at Wake.

I only know about it because a buddy used to work there.

Yeah it's an HBCU in Orangeburg. Very reputable, have a number of colleagues that graduated from there. It's also been run in a much more fiscally sound way than another HBCU in Orangeburg - S.C. State

Regardless, yeah, as others have said, Florence is geographically very close to Charleston and Orangeburg, so it makes sense that those coaches would be in to see a local prospect

from a Feb article.....

Currently standing at 6’5” and wielding a 6’10” wing span Wright is already a unique prospect because he is a true point guard. However, Wright has great basketball lineage. His father, Sharone Wright is a Clemson legend and the 6th overall pick in the 1994 NBA draft. Along with a 7’ father, Wright’s mother is also 6’2”.

Already playing as a true point guard, Wright is projected to conservatively end up in the 6’8”. There in lies the unique nature of this prospect. So far this season Wright has stepped his game up. Which is to be expected, with the athleticism he possesses and the growth spurt he is in the middle of. Ending the summer, playing with the Atlanta Xpress, Wright stood 6’2”.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/607297-name-to-know-6-5-sophomore-sharone-june-wright-jr-of-west-florence-sc

FYI, draftexpress has Collins going 20th in the 2018 draft. Chaundee not listed... yet.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- Brown & Eggleston (& Okeke) are Deacs! Onward to 2018

LOL

ETA: Have we even discussed this before? I really don't think so.

Back