• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Not many players will play more than 30 mpg like he will.

Sorry to use rational thinking like how his size and skill set fit the NBA.

I mean it's fine if you want to make a crazy prediction like that, but just own it. Don't try to pretend that it's a normal conclusion to draw.

not at all. Some players above him probably aren't as good as he is. Some won't get the same PT or visibility and some aren't the same level in their position.

But keep thinking simplistically. You guys are really good at it.
So you're just completely biased. Cool. Got it.

I mean it's fine if you want to make a crazy prediction like that, but just own it. Don't try to pretend that it's a normal conclusion to draw.

It would be crazy to say Dinos will be a lottery pick. But to say if a very strong 6'5+ SG, who could be a Burger Boy, was probably Kansas' top SG choice, the #6 SG in the nation improves well could be a one done is not crazy.

The NBA is going more to being a shooters league. Nine players who have SG in their description were drafted in the first round this year. 17 our 60 in the draft total had SG listed as a position.

If I said he was a lottery pick or was NBA ready now, that would be crazy. I said neither.

Who was the last guy who was #30 - #40 who was a one and done and was able to stick in the NBA ?

Who was the last guy who was #30 - #40 who was a one and done and was able to stick in the NBA ?

Ben McLemore.

Zach LaVine was a 50-something recruit and he's a one and done who has stuck also

There were actually a lot of non-elite recruits from 2015 to go one and done

2015 RSCI
----------------
#28 Deyonta Davis - Drafted 31st overall
#29 Malachi Richardson - Drafted 22nd overall
#36 Malik Beasley - Drafted 19th overalll
#43 Dejounte Murray - Drafted 29th overall
#56 Marquese Chriss - Drafted 8th overall

My main takeaway is that the 2016 NBA draft suuuuucked

Ben McLemore.

Zach LaVine was a 50-something recruit and he's a one and done who has stuck also

Mo Harkless was as well. There are probably more we haven't thought about.

And Chaundee could move up. He's barely out of being 5* at this point.

Mo Harkless was as well. There are probably more we haven't thought about.

And Chaundee could move up. He's barely out of being 5* at this point.

Can we maybe just avoid discussing whether our first highly-rated recruit in years is going to be a one-and-done? Just for a little while? Like maybe until he actually matriculates and we see how he does against college competition? What purpose does this kind of speculation serve?

Can we maybe just avoid discussing whether our first highly-rated recruit in years is going to be a one-and-done? Just for a little while? Like maybe until he actually matriculates and we see how he does against college competition? What purpose does this kind of speculation serve?

Welcome to the recruiting thread!

There's nothing else to talk about at this point.

I didn't say "is going to be". I said "could" with qualifications.

It's kinda funny how "this doesn't happen" becomes- "it was a terrible draft" - then it's shown that it happens almost every year with players rated lower than Chaundee. It's still a long shot, but there is a path.

It's kinda funny how "this doesn't happen" becomes- "it was a terrible draft" - then it's shown that it happens almost every year with players rated lower than Chaundee. It's still a long shot, but there is a path.

Re: my post on the 2015 RSCI/2016 draft... I never commented on your original take about Chaundee going one and done, I only posted about the 2015 class because of how much of an outlier it was, I went back and looked for a few years back and most drafts had at most 1 player in the 30 and below range going one and done. I don't really care about arguing whether Chaundee could be one and done off of his highlight mixes.

Amen.

So rj was right and you clowns were all wrong

Like clockwork

Back