• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I liked that one. Looks more explosive, finishes with both hands, comfortable taking it to the right and left, not afraid of contact.

Sailor,
Mark's sister was in my class growing up and while Mark was 5-6 years younger than us he could play with us and hold his own. We knew he would be good but kinston goes back much further-- Alley Hart coached teams when I was in 5th grade, Jay Randall played on 2 3-A state championship teams before playing at Wake and let's not forget Cornbread Maxwell of UNC-Charlotte and Boston Celtic fame, also a teammate of Mark's in high school.

Sailor,
Mark's sister was in my class growing up and while Mark was 5-6 years younger than us he could play with us and hold his own. We knew he would be good but kinston goes back much further-- Alley Hart coached teams when I was in 5th grade, Jay Randall played on 2 3-A state championship teams before playing at Wake and let's not forget Cornbread Maxwell of UNC-Charlotte and Boston Celtic fame, also a teammate of Mark's in high school.

Jay Randall is one of the best basketball players ever to come out of Kinston. Even better than his twin brother Ray.

Sit
The team that Jay Randall played on went 8 deep with quality players all the way through. Paul Camnitz at center blocked two straight shots by Rodney Knowles of Greenville causing Bones to leave the arena and stopping recruiting Knowles who ended up a Davidson. dean Smith asked George Tenielle to walk on at UNC, Jimmy Adkins was a tight end for Clarence Stasovich at ECU. Beating New Bern 3out of4 times that year including the conference championship game and since the Northeastern conference had two teams going to State Touney in Durham also beat them in the finals to win 2nd straight state championship. new Bern was led by Bill Bunting a three year starter at UNC. What a great time to be a seventh and eighth grader in K-town. People are amazed at the things I grew up around.

My freshman roommate was Alley Hart's much younger brother George. Mark Dale was a senior and IIRC was George's cousin. Deacassured was in the same freshman suite.

I like how he plays through contact. It's also cool that he never misses.

If he improves the normal amount a kid does between his junior and senior years, he could be a one and done.

Really put together and looks creative around the basket, not just dunks.

If he improves the normal amount a kid does between his junior and senior years, he could be a one and done.

What about the 30-40 kids ranked higher than him? Are they not allowed to improve between junior and senior year?

#dumbass

Last edited:
By that logic, every player in the 2017 class ranked ahead of him will improve just as much and he won't move up at all.

ETA: Whoops, didn't see Gable's post.

not at all. Some players above him probably aren't as good as he is. Some won't get the same PT or visibility and some aren't the same level in their position.

But keep thinking simplistically. You guys are really good at it.

not at all. Some players above him probably aren't as good as he is. Some won't get the same PT or visibility and some aren't the same level in their position.

But keep thinking simplistically. You guys are really good at it.

And some players ranked below him are probably as good or better. And will get more PT and visibility.

Not many players will play more than 30 mpg like he will.

Sorry to use rational thinking like how his size and skill set fit the NBA.

Back