• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016-17 Wake Forest Basketball Season

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
I hope we do individual threads for each game, but I thought we needed a thread to discuss basketball news that doesn't belong in the recruiting thread.

I saw Sam up close at the Cuse game last week. Looked slim compared to the tape. Also, Crawford was in a sling and I asked what was up. He said it was fine and he'd be out of it in a couple days.

I was kind of surprised to see that in the team picture, SJM and Doral look exactly the same height. Does anywhere list SJM's wingspan compared to Doral's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DraftExpress most recent measurements in its database has SJM 6-10 w/o shoes and 7-3 wingspan at 289 pounds and Doral 7-0 w/ shoes and 7-3 wingspan and 246 pounds.

Doral looked to be a legit 7'1 last season and is listed as such on the Wake bball site. If Sam's that big WHOA!

I think the mere fact that Doral has been carrying all that new weight for a full year should add greatly to his stamina. It's really hard to add that much weight and keep up your stamina without any time to adjust to it. My biggest hopes are that JC and Doral have learned how to not commit fouls or at least not get called for them.

If the refs are whistle happy early, Danny needs to get some Ts to show he will back his players.

I was kind of surprised to see that in the team picture, SJM and Doral look exactly the same height. Does anywhere list SJM's wingspan compared to Doral's?

Looks pretty much the same height as Dinos.

CurOduYWIAEJI97.jpg

People forget that before he went to Montverde, Doral was ranked in the Top 35. He's got good hands, a nice little J out to 12' and can be a freakish athlete. If the light comes on, he could become an absolute beast.

He must be this beast tou,speak of for us to go to the nit or ncaa this yest me thinks

Last year Danny had senior Devin Thomas who was a beast all season and two freshmen who fouled a lot to play the post. He could not afford to put two of them on the floor at the same time, because the risk of having no one to play the post was too great. Not to mention that Doral couldn't play very many minutes because of his stamina issue.

This year may be a different story. The fouls are still a big??? Doral's stamina is still awaiting a real live game test (the island games don't count for this). As with any freshman, SJM's contributions is another unknown. If he can play more than 10 effective minutes, it would be a big step toward the big lineup many want.

Dinos is yet another player with some question marks. Does he play like the guy we saw before the shoulder injury or is he more like the guy who played the latter part of last year? If he reverts to the form of two years ago, and maybe adds a few dribble moves to his game, his performance will demand that he be on the floor. At 6-10 he can get the corner jumper about whenever he wants it. If he is hitting, you could be looking at Ricky Peral 2.0, with 50% 3pt shooting on well over 100 attempt for the season.

Looks pretty much the same height as Dinos.

CurOduYWIAEJI97.jpg

Well yeah, but Dinos doesn't play in the post much at all which is why I compared him to Doral.

At Deacs open practice, BCraw looks like has added serious upper body strength and yes SJM is a beast but not Doral's height. BChill is cut. Donovan is a stick, i guess he was studying more than lifting so far. Good idea for frosh. JC showing good handle taking high post entry to the rack

Attachments

• 20161015_120018.jpg
    20161015_120018.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
That's encouraging. I'd still be surprised to see him play more than 7 mpg (what Doral averaged), but it speaks well to his work ethic and future potential.

I think he'll play more than that, only because Doral and JC tend to get in foul trouble. Anyway, 277 is a load. He'll certainly get his chance to push for PT.

Back