• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Javy Baez a douche? (NWT)

Is he a douche?

• Yes

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • doofus/numbers

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

deacphan

Reaction score
Is the guy with this tattoo a douche?

JavyBaezTattoo-1024x628.png

Baez grins when he thinks of Noely, who was 11 months his junior. He has a picture of her face tattooed on his right shoulder.

"Mi angel," it says in script.

My angel.

One of the biggest reasons he wanted to be a baseball player was so he could take care of her. He's grateful she saw him achieve his dream — their dream, really — when she watched in person as he made his major-league debut in Denver in 2014.

"I was prepared for her to go way before she did," Baez said. "Everything she wanted, she got. She could ride a jet ski, she got a motorcycle. The only thing she couldn't do was walk."

Baez would have fixed that, too, if he could have. When he was 7, his mother heard him tell his sister he wished he could switch legs with her so she would know what it felt like to walk.

"Everything I did in my life, it was because of her," Baez said. "My mom stopped living her life to live my sister's life. She was so big for my family. It was something incredible."

:(

Voted no.

(Also, thanks for translating "mi angel" Chicago Tribune!)

But for serious on the tattoo: I got a tattoo on my 17th birthday and the only reason it wasn't a stupid Chinese symbol or something was that I didn't find one I liked. Dodged a bullet on that one.

Your Cubs hate is amusing. They will brew Olde Style kegs with your tears and serve it for free to cornfed Trump-voting bros from Big 10 schools.

Bro, I'm happy for you that your trip to Wrigley for the dad rock show coincided with your rediscovered interest in the Cubs, coincidentally during their most successful season in he last one hundred years. It must be nice to have finally found a team to support whose success was not propped up by academic fraud. And I'm sure you felt at home in Wrigleyville.

The Trump jokes, however, do fall a little flat when they're posted by a member of the party that nominated him from a state where he might actually win.

He can schedule a week long tattoo session for next week when his offseason starts.

As a former Arlington Country Day Baseball Apache myself, I made a few inquiries several years ago and turned up he was a douche.

:(

Voted no.

(Also, thanks for translating "mi angel" Chicago Tribune!)

But for serious on the tattoo: I got a tattoo on my 17th birthday and the only reason it wasn't a stupid Chinese symbol or something was that I didn't find one I liked. Dodged a bullet on that one.

I don't think experiencing personal tragedy precludes someone from being a douche though

Back