• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Quarterback

Other than perhaps Hines, who has good speed among the backs and receivers?

Edit - I see Complacent already covered this.

meh. kevin marion and willie idlette were faster than kenny moore by a solid margin, but moore was the most effective coming off those end-arounds. i think we've got several players who could potentially do some
damage in those situations, particularly wade.

Kenny Moore highlights are sweet. I think we lost that Nebraska game, even though we played our asses off.

Key to Moore is he planted his foot, turned it upfield and went north/south in a hurry. Unlike idelette who always angled toward the sideline.

Totally forgot John Stone, as he too, was considerably faster than anyone we have now.

Reading this thread, I was inspired to look up some past Wake plays and discovered that Steed Lobotzke has his own YouTube channel with a ton of old Wake Forest offensive plays organized by type and year, although mostly from 2011 and 2013. Here's his video for all Wake orbit sweep plays from 2002.

https://youtu.be/Wh8NtNQtzHY

I watched like 5 minutes of this and these plays sucked way more than I remembered for the most part

ended up watching some skinner clips. obviously highlights almost always look good, but his release, arm strength and pocket presence were just so far beyond what we've seen with our guys today.

Cade is built to make a serviceable fullback for a few plays a game.

That hit he made after the int showed he was raised by a former defensive lineman.

Agreed. I think he could be used like Mike Alsott was when we get a complementary tailback. But even if he was labeled FB, I don't think he's a full time elite blocker FB like Ovie or Bohannon.

Agreed. I think he could be used like Mike Alsott was when we get a complementary tailback. But even if he was labeled FB, I don't think he's a full time elite blocker FB like Ovie or Bohannon.

I wasn't suggesting he was anything close to those guys.

Just that if Wake wanted to run a few plays from an I or other formation that used a fullback, he was at least capable of filling that role. Sometimes just lining people up in different places will slow the opposing defense for a little bit.

Yeah. I was agreeing with you.

I know those are just highlights but that offense is the polar opposite of what we have been running lately... Get people outside in space, get your receivers to hold some blocks, and see what happens - as opposed to dive inside over and over and hope to get 3 or 4 yards...

Just now looking at those Nebraska highlights. I think we'd run that stuff if we had a true speedster. All of those guys are faster than Hines.

That offense was so much more fun to watch than the stuff we are running now. Would love to see Clawson run a reverse or trick play at some point, especially against the better teams.

If Clawson ever decides to run a fake punt where Dom acts like the punt went by him, the defense will totally bite on it.

Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson said quarterback Kendall Hinton returned to practice Wednesday for the first time since spraining his knee last month. Hinton was limited, but Clawson said they would continue to increase the reps to make sure he does not have a setback. Once Hinton is 100 percent, he will regain his starting job.

Just now looking at those Nebraska highlights. I think we'd run that stuff if we had a true speedster. All of those guys are faster than Hines.

And if we had receivers that could block. Our guys right now would be completely incapable of setting the edge for those types of plays

Back