• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Quarterback

socaldeac

Reaction score
Impressive play today. We seem to by physical and athletic. We are a QB away from being a top 25 program. Woldford just is not good. His physical limitations prevent him from being an adequate division 1 starter. I look forward to getting back to Hinton or improvements in the position from others.

Last edited:
Impressive play today. We seem to by physical and athletic. We are a QB away from being a top 25 program. Woldford just is not good. His physical limitations prevent him from being an adequate division 1 starter. I look forward to getting back to Hinton or improvements in the position from others.

Agreed, need to get Hinton back for Army. I think we win this game with Hinton. John tries hard but Hinton is just a little better. I wish he would have given Kearns a chance today.

Agreed, need to get Hinton back for Army. I think we win this game with Hinton. John tries hard but Hinton is just a little better. I wish he would have given Kearns a chance today.

Yeah, run Kearns out there on the road at FSU given his extensive experience. That would have done it.

Agreed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Given what we've seen out of Wolford for 3 years now, does anyone think he would start for another FBS school? I haven't watched enough other teams to know but I'm doubting it. Certainly not another power 5 school.

Given what we've seen out of Wolford for 3 years now, does anyone think he would start for another FBS school? I haven't watched enough other teams to know but I'm doubting it. Certainly not another power 5 school.
I feel a bit sorry for John. He took so many hits his first two years he is a bit gun shy when he gets pressure, he just panics and ducks. He is just a very average quarterback with a big heart.

He definitely played behind the worst FBS offensive line his first year and one of the worst last year, so it hasn't been all him.

The OL did him no favors this afternoon. Couldn't get push or open holes for the RB's either. They are improved but not ready for top programs. If they can play well enough to generate offense sufficient for wins against Army, UVA and BC this will be a successful season.

I think wolford was playing hurt. His rhrowing motion was different today. His shoulder

Recruiting / developing a top-tier QB is an immediate goal for Wake to move to a higher level. No doubt.
Wolford is not a P5 QB. Not even close.

This is dumb. You really think he's the worst QB in the Power 5? I don't think he's even the worst QB we've had play for us in the last 10 years

This is dumb. You really think he's the worst QB in the Power 5? I don't think he's even the worst QB we've had play for us in the last 10 years

When you're 5'10" at best with small hands you are physically challenged to play the game at P5 level. Great kid, huge heart, wants to win. I get it.

Forget P5, what other ACC school would he start for?

None.

Hinton is a better QB for us if healthy. Ultimately, we need QBs with more height and pinpoint passing. John has had time to throw this year and still misses receivers.

We had four years of Skinner then Price. I assume you're not splitting hairs and talking about Stachitis or Cross or someone like that. Wolford is clearly a drop down from Skinner, Price, even prior starters Mauk, Randolph, and MacPherson.

Wolford did an admirable job with the reigns. I think Hinton should start and I hope he can stay healthy, because he isn't doing us any good if he plays a game or two and then gets hurt again.

I love Wolford. He plays so hard and deserves respect. Anyone who thinks he shies away from getting hit has their head up their ass. He puts himself at risk all the time for the good of the team particularly as a runner. Leaves his guts on the field every week and makes no excuses. His parents raised him well.

Wolford did an admirable job with the reigns. I think Hinton should start and I hope he can stay healthy, because he isn't doing us any good if he plays a game or two and then gets hurt again.

He'd do us a game or two of good. But I understand what you're saying. At this point a bowl is not guaranteed so even a game or two of Hinton is immensely valuable.

He doesn't have Skinners magic or Price's consistency. We could do better, we could do worse. Why we were trying to out smart F$U with the Tulane game plan isn't Wolford's fault. He's a tough kid who isn't perfect, but should get more help from the other 10 guys and a good game plan.

We had four years of Skinner then Price. I assume you're not splitting hairs and talking about Stachitis or Cross or someone like that. Wolford is clearly a drop down from Skinner, Price, even prior starters Mauk, Randolph, and MacPherson.

Stachitas made multiple starts for us but yeah, act like he never happened. Wolford is our backup QB who is playing now because our starter got injured. Seems kind of silly to complain about it. We've certainly had way worse backup QBs in recent years--we should be thankful we have a backup that can actually win us some games as opposed to a Ryan McManus

Have to establish the run to take pressure off the QB. Wake wasn't able to do that against State or FSU.

Back