• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wide Receivers rotation

JimDuncan

Reaction score
Washington, Claude, Bachman too inconsistent and shoukd have limited snaps. Cortez, Chuck Wade, and Tabari should be our only starters. I don't understand why we play so many guys here.

Is it just me or does Washington just kind of watch the ball go by, unless it is right on the money. Doesn't seem to want to go up and get it or contend for it

Is it just me or does Washington just kind of watch the ball go by, unless it is right on the money. Doesn't seem to want to go up and get it or contend for it

This is what I posted on the game thread:

I don't get why they keep putting Washington out there; he just doesn't look physically ready. He may be 6'5" but he plays like he's 4'5" as any little bit of contact knocks him off balance. Wolford keeps throwing the ball up to him, and I don't know that he has ever once gone up for it. Hopefully another year or two of weight work will make him stronger, but right now a throw toward him is almost an automatic incomplete. Claude made a couple of decent catches today, but he has played weak this season as well. A stronger effort from him on that first INT, and it isn't an INT.

I can't think of a football player I've ever seen who plays smaller than his size more than Washington does. The two first half interceptions were mostly attributable to Claude and Washington just not being tough enough in going to the football.

I can't think of a football player I've ever seen who plays smaller than his size more than Washington does. The two first half interceptions were mostly attributable to Claude and Washington just not being tough enough in going to the football.
Washington kinda reminds me of Matt James. Tall dudes who just don't feel like football players. He's a RS Frosh, so obviously still a long way to go.

Yeah. Let's face it. Any kid with that size ready to contribute as a redshirt freshman would have been a legit 4*. Put him back on the sidelines and give him time.

Claude and Washington just seem too young. I agree that Washington generally doesn't look close to ever making a catch. Bachman has great hands though. It doesn't seem like he's on the field a lot.
Glad to see Chucky getting the ball more of late. Tabari was so close to hauling in a huge one.

Washington had some nice grabs against State in the first half, hes got potential, but totally agree he is not ready. Tabari is our quickest and most reliable receiver aside from Cam. Chuck seems to be on the boarder of becoming a stud. Excited to get Hinton back and getting the timing down to see our offense start moving the ball.

Lewis needs to be on the field 90+% of the time.

Feel like Bachman is better suited for the slot. Not terribly tall or fast.

I also think we really hurt ourselves with the refusal to do much over the middle. Making our QBs throw long passes to the sidelines does not play to their strengths.

Cortez is a pro. He has gone up against some of the best corners in the ACC the past two years and has performed well. Last year he dogged Ramsey a few times too.

so weird that claude and washington see the field at all

Washington and Claude both suck. They look like they have the skills but simply are not football players. It's like they are out there for a competitive game of tennis. This is the weakest spot of the team.

The reality about Washington is that he is a project. If he were 6'5" and ready to play immediately then he would be a 5*. I think he will be good. Yesterday was a good learning experience to use his body and go get the ball. He is probably a year away.

between cortez, hines, wade, bachman and serigne we have legitimately good receivers. makes you wonder

between cortez, hines, wade, bachman and serigne we have legitimately good receivers. makes you wonder

I thought Crump would have been back by now. Any word on him? Will he play at all this season? We could use his size/experience.

Bachman seems to have great hands like others are saying, and I agree that i': like to see him in the slot. Doesn't possess the size and speed to run outside routes.

so weird that claude and washington see the field at all

Any time you can put Claude Washington on the field, you have to do it.

claudell_washington_autograph.jpg

Back