• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Review / Bye Week and Army Game Thread

Felt like that hit was Cade lobbying to play both ways. Looked like a linebacker on that tackle.

I think that was a kid that loves contact and playing football, glad he's wearing black and gold.

I watched the game with 2 FSU fans and another impartial fan. We watched the return multiple times thanks to TIVO and tried to find the hold. Everyone agreed it was a horrible call and should have been a TD. Really makes me sick to my stomach.

Isn't this the kind of thing that warrants a formal protest against the officials by our staff? That possibly erroneous call changed the complexion of the game. If it's true there was no hold then this should be pursued formally. IMO

Isn't this the kind of thing that warrants a formal protest against the officials by our staff? That possibly erroneous call changed the complexion of the game. If it's true there was no hold then this should be pursued formally. IMO

Holding calls are so subjective I doubt any kind of protest would go anywhere.

For those with showtime, tonight's episode of "hard knocks" the college version following the fsu team, will show them preparing for and playing the game against us. Should be interesting.

For those with showtime, tonight's episode of "hard knocks" the college version following the fsu team, will show them preparing for and playing the game against us. Should be interesting.

cigarettes-to-cost-more-excise-duty-increased-by-18.jpg
&
Doughnuts.jpg

Holding calls are so subjective I doubt any kind of protest would go anywhere.

I don't know where it would "go" -- you don't receive any dispensation from it -- but if people are saying no way was there holding then there's some PR value in making a point about it. (I haven't rewatched the play so I'm only going on what posters are writing here.)

Am I the only one that thinks Kearns should have been a series or two in the fourth quarter to see if he could move the team???

Most things I've heard from practice indicate that Hinton and Wolford are way ahead of Kearns at this point so I wouldn't expect to see him.

Am I the only one that thinks Kearns should have been a series or two in the fourth quarter to see if he could move the team???
Wolford had the offense rolling in garbage time. Why would snaps for Kearns have told us anything helpful?

That said, I was surprised also to not see him at the end.

I think Kearns should be played until he demonstrates inadequate performance because he has tangibles Wolford lacks that negatively affects Wolford's play. But I'm not expecting it because Hinton will be starting soon pushing Kearns to 3rd.

I think Kearns should be played until he demonstrates inadequate performance because he has tangibles Wolford lacks that negatively affects Wolford's play. But I'm not expecting it because Hinton will be starting soon pushing Kearns to 3rd.

And the tangibles would be: plus 1" in height and minus 5 lbs in weight. Which of these do you deem more important?

And the tangibles would be: plus 1" in height and minus 5 lbs in weight. Which of these do you deem more important?

In the very, very limited amount of game snaps we have to go on with Kearns, the tangible I liked over Wolford is Kearns seems to have a quick release.

If Kearns were better he would be playing. Down 17-6 and needing a score + an onside kick to have a shot to win, we never even entered "garbage time." Wolford should have been playing and was playing.

I'm so tired of reading about how much people think Wolford is garbage on here.

Kearns threw a gorgeous ball in those few snaps.

Sure, and I'm sure Wolford has thrown plenty of gorgeous balls at practice where the sample size is much larger. He's also thrown gorgeous balls during games.

We had the better team and better football players, you've never convince me otherwise. FSU still had great athletes, but we had the better teams during that 3 year run, as well as the better coach. Xavier Lee wasn't even FSU's starter coming into that game, comparing him to Francois is an insult to Francois.

The comparison was to "athletes" or athletic talent, or the combined bigger, faster, stronger argument. And in that regard FSU has always had a edge on us. I stand on my point, it was mainly the creativity of the O, players that believed in it, and could execute it. Clawson doesn't seem to want to step outside of a conservative O philosophy or game plan. This is not only evidenced by his 3 years here but looking back at the way his previous teams have played, as well.

Lee was a specimen in regards to being an athletic QB with size and he had some good games. I remember him beating Alabama one year, but overall he wasn't the best QB on the roster. Not odd for elite programs.

The comparison was to "athletes" or athletic talent, or the combined bigger, faster, stronger argument. And in that regard FSU has always had a edge on us. I stand on my point, it was mainly the creativity of the O, players that believed in it, and could execute it. Clawson doesn't seem to want to step outside of a conservative O philosophy or game plan. This is not only evidenced by his 3 years here but looking back at the way his previous teams have played, as well.

Lee was a specimen in regards to being an athletic QB with size and he had some good games. I remember him beating Alabama one year, but overall he wasn't the best QB on the roster. Not odd for elite programs.

I also stand on my point that we had the better football players and thus better team. If we had run a 4x100 relay, weightlifting contest, long jump, etc. contest against FSU's team, maybe we lose. The game was football and we had the better team in 06, 07, 08. I think it was Craig James that said during the broadcast of the 2007 Thursday night against FSU, that believe it or not, Wake Forest had the better football talent that night. I think if you go back an watch those games our offense wasn't really all that creative, we were much more "creative" in the early Grobe years.

Last edited:
Back