• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Review / Bye Week and Army Game Thread

I hate calling out individual players, but our long snapper has been inexcusably bad this season, especially to be on scholarship

My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I keep threatening to enroll in a graduate course so I can come back to do the long snapping with my remaining eligibility.
So, what course do I take?

And the tangibles would be: plus 1" in height and minus 5 lbs in weight. Which of these do you deem more important?

Height advantage of 2" or more, a very quick release, pinpoint passing and ability to see across the middle of the field to name a few.

He lacks game experience which he will not get playing behind Wolford. And until he does, no one, including the coach, will know his capacity compared to Hinton and Wolford. With so many QBs on a team it is a good idea to see what they can actually do in a game not just practice. I'm simply suggesting the coach find out by playing the guy.

One, maybe small, reason why the offense is rated so poorly is that the defense is very good. WF can win games with an offense that doesn't turn the ball over and plays field position. If the defense sucked, WF would follow a different gameplan to try to win which would require more risk-taking, would generate more yards and points. If WF was giving up 35+ a game, WF would be chucking the ball around a lot more.

You mean the Jim Caldwell/Rusty LaRue offense? Rusty threw for 545 yards in one game. And yes we were 1-10 that year.

The correlation between scoring offense and scoring defense in 2015 was -0.18.
The correlation between total offense and total defense in 2015 was -0.11.

Both are very low.

My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I keep threatening to enroll in a graduate course so I can come back to do the long snapping with my remaining eligibility.

AFAM?? Oh, wait....

Better talent doesn't always indicate better team.

See Cleveland State men's basketball 2009

See the Cleveland Cavaliers - they had no business winning last year's NBA championship

True. They were down 3-1 in the finals. ppl forget that.

Better talent doesn't always indicate better team.

See Cleveland State men's basketball 2009

That was one game, in a sport where it's easier for a team to have a hot night and beat a more talented team. We beat FSU in football in convincing fashion in 06, 07, and 08, why is it that even some of our fans don't want to admit we had the better football talent on those teams. I'm not arguing that FSU hasn't had the talent edge on us for pretty much every other year since they've been in the league and I'm not arguing that you're not better off pulling in the 5 stars over the long haul, but the stars lined up and little old Wake Forest just had better football teams than mighty FSU for 3 straight years.

Last edited:

Our snaps have been an adventure since at least last season. Can't recall who was our XP/FG holder last year but he was heroic saving bad snaps for points.

From Clawson Teleconference on Hinton playing against Army:

Q. Once he's able to play again, how do you feel like you'll integrate him back into the offense?
DAVE CLAWSON: Well, when he's 100 percent, he'll be the starting quarterback. You don't lose your job on an injury, but if he's not 100 percent and John is, then John is our better option, so we've got to see where Kendall's health is, and that'll certainly play a factor into it, and John has certainly played well, but again, Kendall won't lose his job because he got hurt. If he's back at 60 or 70 percent, then he's not our best option to win the game.

We've just got to feel our way through that in the next week.

Someone had mentioned Jared Crump on a thread somewhere. He was asked about on the coach's show tonight and Clawson confirmed his career is over. He is serving as a student coach for the receivers.

Army lost to N Texas at home by 18 yesterday.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell” General Philip Henry Sheridan. North Texas still has a case of the ass vs the army.

Army lost to N Texas at home by 18 yesterday.

68, I want the same N Texas game plan--let's plan on getting Army to commit 7 more fumbles again on Saturday. Whatever they did worked on defense! 3 fumbles lost and 4 ints.

Back