• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hoops ranked #101....sobering

If we'd gone 8-8 in conference last year, I'd get your point.

But we won 2 damn games. There's no amount of significant improvement that doesn't result in a significant win increase this year. There just isn't.

Of course, I wouldn't consider winning 3-5 games improvement. It would be treading water to me. If we got to 7, I'd consider that significant and very tough to reach.

If Big Omer is cleared to play, State could be very, very tough.

Last edited:
Was just looking down the schedule actually, pondering that very question. I'm thinking 6 as a moderate expectation.

I do think we'll be better this year - particularly by ACC play. Plus we lost some really freakish games last year. The VaTech game, UVA with the miracle bank shot, that Pitt game... Then you have just general outlier games like GaTech beating us with Codi scoring 0 points and Georges-Hunt going for 30 on 11/15 shooting.

Our lone blowout win came without Devin, and we get BC twice this year.

Honestly I feel like we should have won 4 ACC games last year at a minimum, so I'm optimistically hoping we're in the hunt for .500 in conference. But I realize that's a lofty expectation given our recent history.

I'm looking at about 4-6 as realistic.

Our road is really tough:

F$U
UVA
State
Cuse
Clemson
ND
Duke
VT

Of our 9 home games, only 3 of them are top 25 in that ranking list. Assuming we can beat BC on the road, just tack on maybe Notre Dame who will be much worse this year and 6 wins seems doable.

NCAA appearance or GTFO. Wake me when we're back on the bubble. It won't be this year.

I think we'll win more than two ACC games, but let's see how the entire season goes.

I think we're turning the corner, but it's not as simple as you portray it.
We've been turning the corner for almost a decade. Must be a big fucking corner.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If the defense doesn't improve significantly it will be the same old crap, just a different year.

"I live in a cul-de-sac at the end of a one way street. I can never leave"

-Steven Wright

If we'd gone 8-8 in conference last year, I'd get your point.

But we won 2 damn games. There's no amount of significant improvement that doesn't result in a significant win increase this year. There just isn't.

Somehow I forgot this. And after a solid preseason. Good grief. And yes, we should win a bunch more than that this year.

Back