• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

It's Day 1 post-election. Exactly how much faith should ppl put in "projections"?

This will change over the next two weeks. We will be down to probably two scenarios by Thanksgiving.

As someone who grew up about 15 miles from Yankee Stadium, I would love this to come true and would have to find a way to be there.

rutgers-yankee-stadium-7f21c3fc541e3120.jpg

Hoping this can happen

I would think Wake fans would travel relatively well for bowl games considering we don't have the opportunity to go to one very often. Maybe that is just the ultra-optimistic point of view though.

On a percentage basis, I'd definitely agree with you. But we don't have that many total fans.

I take it a lot of you have never been to El Paso....:cliffs: Would be my last choice for a bowl game and I'm in Texas...though a bloody long way away, fortunately.

Think the main appeal there is being on CBS (albeit on a weekday) and playing what should be a decent team from the Pac-12

Yeah. I want the Sun Bowl for TV purposes. I want Charlotte or Jax for travel purposes.

Hoping this can happen

It's conceivable though unlikely that the weather could be bearable for a game at Yankee Stadium. I live about 10 minutes away from the stadium, though, and the typical weather in late December involves cold gray skies and a bracing wind. The Bronx in winter is not a pleasant place (it's not so great in the summer either).

So I wouldn't count on anything other than freezing your ass off for four hours. Despite the proximity of the Pinstripe Bowl for me, I'm hoping for someplace warm.

If we do end up in the Bronx by some chance I'll be happy to put up a few good Deacon fans for the night, especially if there are any old (vintage 78-82) Theta Chis out there.

I'd be in on El Paso. Make the drive out, maybe hit up Marfa for NYE. There is a party out that way that I have an invite to. Why not.

Charlotte would be great. My son, who lives there, and I had blast at the Meineke. Not there's even Uber.

I would also very much be on board for Charlotte. Last time Wake played in that bowl I took my son, who was five at the time (man, I can't believe it's been that long!). We saw a movie at the IMAX theater at the science place, caught a Bobcat game, had a blast. Best part about Charlotte was nominal travel cost, so you could spend more money on staying at a nice hotel uptown and just walk everywhere.

Charlotte would be great. My son, who lives there, and I had blast at the Meineke. Not there's even Uber.

We have to win at least one more game for Charlotte to even consider us. They won't take a 6-6 Wake team

I don't think we get to Charlotte with seven wins. We went to Charlotte in 2007 with eight in a down year for the ACC. Only two teams had more than eight wins and the other two who had eight, Clemson and UVA, went to the Chic-Fil-A and the Gator, both better bowls. A lot depends on what happens in the last three weeks, but I think we need eight to get to Charlotte.

We are less likely to get to Charlotte with 8 wins because of Louisville or Clemson drop down to Tier 1 consideration, Charlotte will take them over us at the very least.

Not sure if Duke helped or hurt us last night. But it was nice to see UNC lose-- By the way, still no news from the NCAA--maybe they'll be in probabtion

We are less likely to get to Charlotte with 8 wins because of Louisville or Clemson drop down to Tier 1 consideration, Charlotte will take them over us at the very least.

Louisville played here year before last. Doubt they'd be back so soon.

Back