• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Yeah. "Man, I'd love to play an SEC team" does not include Kentucky.

Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Old Miss, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Miss St, Vanderbilt, Missouri, Kentucky, South Carolina

Just saying that it would be a relatively evenly matched game without an empty stadium. Granted, it would be 20-1 UK fans, but still.

doof, do you know if Military has first pick among itself/Detroit/Shreve? I've seen you allude to that several times but I haven't seen that noted anywhere

I do not...I've just been going along with what the site writers have said, and they all have the Military Bowl taking Georgia Tech with no mention of the other ones.

Good question, and I'll try to find an answer.

One thing that might support Military picking first (besides geography) -- as far as I can tell no conference has a conditional tie-in (i.e. auto spot if ACC/other conference can't fill the slot) for the Military, but the MAC has one for the Quick Lane and the AAC has one for the Independence.

All the Tier I bowls would be pretty cool for varying reasons, but the Military would not be a bad fallback option, at all

The two best things that could happen for our bowl positioning is for NC State to lose their last two games to Miami and Carolina and/or Clemson and Louisville to both make the CFP.

State losing would keep us out of Shreveport I believe.

Exactly. State has a real tough road hosting Miami then going on the road to UNC. Lose both and they stay at 5 wins. We don't need them to give the Belk Bowl an in-state option. One thing to consider is that NC State & South Carolina open next season at B of A Stadium. Would not think they would want that same matchup in this bowl but who knows?

Reff does a helluva job of repeating my points.

Also State played in the bowl last year

Just saying that it would be a relatively evenly matched game without an empty stadium. Granted, it would be 20-1 UK fans, but still.

So 2011 Music City again. No cowbells this time though.

Why is it assumed UK fans would travel en masse to Shreveport?

Why is it assumed UK fans would travel en masse to Shreveport?

Based on a quick search of the interwebs, their last bowl appearance was 2011 in the BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham (vs. Pitt).

9179603-large.jpg

Seems like a heavily partisan UK crowd.

Based on a quick search of the interwebs, their last bowl appearance was 2011 in the BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham (vs. Pitt).

9179603-large.jpg

So maybe all the Pitt fans are on the other side of the field, in the foreground. Also, Birmingham is a lot closer to civilization than Shreveport and a really easy drive from KY, TN, or Atlanta.

Birmingham is a 5-6 hour drive from most of Kentucky. Shreveport is a 11-12 hour drive or an expensive flight.

We seem to compete with them on occasion for recruits. That seems to be the most valuable aspect of that match up in my opinion.

It is amazing how much UK supports their football despite being historically bad. Commonwealth Stadium is always full.

ESPN is sending us to El Paso vs Stanford. It may be that we are the only program that won't whine and moan about being sent to west Texas.

ESPN is sending us to El Paso vs Stanford. It may be that we are the only program that won't whine and moan about being sent to west Texas.

We are definitely going to whine about that.

Back