• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

I was at the game in Winston when we beat Harbaugh with Luck at QB.

Nothing finer than beating that whiny bitch Harbaugh! Good times! :)
Still pretty crazy to think that in a 5 week period, we played against RG3, Andrew Luck, and Russell Wilson. And actually went 2-1 with victories over Luck and Wilson.

Still pretty crazy to think that in a 5 week period, we played against RG3, Andrew Luck, and Russell Wilson. And actually went 2-1 with victories over Luck and Wilson.

WF actually came a last second drive short of going 3-0; WF almost pulled the Baylor game out. In addition to elite QBs, Stanford was coached by Harbaugh, and Baylor by Art Briles. Not too shabby.

Take the Heels you Tax Slayers. One set of douchebags deserves another

So it's looking like Charlotte (20%), Shreveport (30%), El Paso (50%). Belk has other teams they'd rather have. El Paso, we would be first in the room to raise our hands to go. Independence would be a consolation prize for us. A good effort vs Clemson and beating BC could really help.

So it's looking like Charlotte (20%), Shreveport (30%), El Paso (50%). Belk has other teams they'd rather have. El Paso, we would be first in the room to raise our hands to go. Independence would be a consolation prize for us. A good effort vs Clemson and beating BC could really help.
Unfortunately I don't think it really matters unless we were to beat both of them.

6-6 vs 7-5 for Wake Forest is pretty much the same thing. Allows the bowls to select whichever teams they want instead of us. And a good effort or a win against BC ain't changing anything.

Maybe switch out Shreveport for Military (I still don't know how that process works exactly) and that sounds about right.

State getting involved could tilt things more in the Shreveport/Military/Detroit direction, Sun may want them for bigger brand name. And I think State will be eligible -- teams that need that 6th win to get bowl eligible tend to get it.

I do think UNC is the only team the Belk would prefer to us, besides VT and Clemson (which it won't get)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't think it really matters unless we were to beat both of them.

6-6 vs 7-5 for Wake Forest is pretty much the same thing. Allows the bowls to select whichever teams they want instead of us. And a good effort or a win against BC ain't changing anything.
I see your point. BC is a team that will travel worse than us. I think a 6-6 State team might be taken over a 7-5 Wake team. I've got a feeling that the Military Bowl would like Paul Johnson and the Yellow jackets and Pinstripe would take Pitt. So, if unc goes Taxslayer, Charlotte, Shreveport, and El Paso would be up next. If we go 6-6, Detroit would come into the picture. Does anybody know, do the teams for the Military Bowl spend the week in DC, and then the game day in Annapolis?

Back