• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Looks like Baylor is headed for a 6-6 record. Any chance we could play them in a bowl game and look at Grobie picking grass on the other sideline?

Looking like State will lose to Miami and so they'll need to beat UNC in Chapel Hill to get bowl eligible. I don't like their chances.

There are 83 Bowl eligible teams now. Army, K-St, Arkansas St, C Michigan, S Carolina got their 6th. That leaves 8 P5 teams that could be on the outside looking in. NCSU, BC ,Indiana, N'western, Maryland, Kentucky, Arizona St, and the winner of Texas-TCU. Or they will bump smaller programs. This is going to be a mess. A couple of years ago, La Tech turned down a bid hoping to go to the Indy Bowl. But got shut out all together.

63, not 83, 76. Only 78 teams can be eligible and there are 80 slots, so no bowl-eligible team's getting left at home

63, not 83, 76. Only 78 teams can be eligible and there are 80 slots, so no bowl-eligible team's getting left at home

Probable multiple 5 win teams will get a shot. Wonder if Kelly & ND seniors will take the trouble?

Bad Math on my part. 19 spots left. More or less tomorrow.

Army is not bowl eligible, 2 of their 6 wins were against FCS teams and they can only count one of those. They mentioned that during their game yesterday. That said I doubt Army doesn't make a bowl unless all spots end up getting filled by officially "bowl eligible" teams.

Wins don't matter.

Need to beat BC for so many reasons. Hope Clawson can get them fired up. Any reports on Wolford?

Need to beat BC for so many reasons. Hope Clawson can get them fired up. Any reports on Wolford?

We've lost 2 in a row, playing for a winning record and .500 conference record. Clawson shouldn't have to fire them up.

We've lost 2 in a row, playing for a winning record and .500 conference record. Clawson shouldn't have to fire them up.

Yeah, we lost 2 in a row, but to 2 of the best teams in the country.
Also, we actually played well for 3 out of 4 quarters in each game .......and really screwed up 1 quarter in each that put the games out of reach.
We should defintiely beat BC.

Yep- but we should have definitely beaten Army as well.

There's never a definitely with WF.

I realize there's a geographic consideration to the selections, but I would think the ONLY way we get Belk or Music City would be to beat BC and get to seven. Not counting Clemson and L'ville, there are already six ACC teams with seven or more wins.

We don't get Music City this year. They took ACC last year.

Back