• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

We don't get Music City this year. They took ACC last year.

Probably not. But the deal is that over 6 years, the ACC and Big Ten will each get 3 appearances in the Music City and Tax Slayer Bowls. So even though the ACC was in Music City last year, they could end up there again, if Tax Slayer wants to risk having to go with an ACC team the next three years.

If the Tax Slayer is forced to consider taking Wake, they will go Big Ten.

Probably not. But the deal is that over 6 years, the ACC and Big Ten will each get 3 appearances in the Music City and Tax Slayer Bowls. So even though the ACC was in Music City last year, they could end up there again, if Tax Slayer wants to risk having to go with an ACC team the next three years.

If the Tax Slayer is forced to consider taking Wake, they will go Big Ten.

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl officials will likely do something this year they haven’t done in the last 10 — invite a team from the Big Ten Conference to play in Nashville. ACC teams — Notre Dame in 2014 and Louisville in 2015 — were considered the best matchup for the SEC opponents each of the last two years, which means a Big Ten team must be selected in three of the remaining four years of the contract.

"It is very likely, and most probable, that we'll go Big Ten so that we can maintain the flexibility over the next three years of not having to go either conference," Music City Bowl president and CEO Scott Ramsey said. "It would limit the flexibility we created with the agreement if we went back to the ACC this year."

The TaxSlayer Bowl invited Big Ten teams Iowa and Penn State that last two years

Beat BC and we're 7-5. If we lose the bowl game we go to 7-6. Would that be considered success? With our very easy schedule this year, I would say it's a slight disappointment (Army). Win the Army game and a bowl game, then we're looking at 9-4. Army L was huge......

7 wins would be considered a success. We won 3 games each the last two years and our offense is still extremely limited.

Agree. We are still a weak team. 7 wins would be a very positive result given our poor offense, and would show pretty tangible improvement. Got to remember we aren't at a level where we can expect solid seasons.

Still potential for 8-5 if we beat BC and win the bowl game. We just don't need to shit the bed vs BC. All of a sudden this season could end up 6-7.

Agree. We are still a weak team. 7 wins would be a very positive result given our poor offense, and would show pretty tangible improvement. Got to remember we aren't at a level where we can expect solid seasons.

No, we're not a powerhouse, but we're significantly better this year, especially on D. Our depth is also improved and the good news is we have few seniors starting so we'll have 16 of 22 starters back next year. Could be a really good year.

Some others I saw -

CFN: vs. Georgia in the TaxSlayer Bowl
CBS: vs. Stanford in the Sun Bowl
Saturday Down South: vs. South Carolina in the Belk Bowl
SBNation: vs. South Florida in the Military Bowl
CampusInsiders: vs. UTSA in the Independence Bowl

I project that we will have a much clearer picture in a couple of weeks.

Some others I saw -

CFN: vs. Georgia in the TaxSlayer Bowl
CBS: vs. Stanford in the Sun Bowl
Saturday Down South: vs. South Carolina in the Belk Bowl
SBNation: vs. South Florida in the Military Bowl
CampusInsiders: vs. UTSA in the Independence Bowl

Got to hope CampusInsiders is wrong. The rest look good.

Yeah, but I think the case for use not being invited to Jax is pretty convincing.

If we wind up in DC, I might not buy tickets till I have a complete understanding of the weather that day. Sorry, Wake Ticket Allotment salespeople.

Beat BC and we're 7-5. If we lose the bowl game we go to 7-6. Would that be considered success? With our very easy schedule this year, I would say it's a slight disappointment (Army). Win the Army game and a bowl game, then we're looking at 9-4. Army L was huge......

Seven wins is more than the last two seasons combined. This season is an absolute success regardless of what happens on Saturday or in the bowl. Could it have been better? Sure. It also could've been much worse with these ridiculous injuries.

So people are suggesting that a season where we played all but 2 full games with our 2nd string and 3rd string QB's starting and still managed to win 6 games might not be a successful season? Really?

Back