• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Why exactly can ND surpass a 9-3 acc team with an 8-4 record? It seems as if they would have to have one win more than the team they would displace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they are Notre Dame. Bowl execs want them in their game. It is likely the ACC would not have tie-ins with some of their stronger bowls if Notre Dame was not part of the ACC FB bowl pool.

Because they are Notre Dame. Bowl execs want them in their game. It is likely the ACC would not have tie-ins with some of their stronger bowls if Notre Dame was not part of the ACC FB bowl pool.

Exactly. And it's also why they get to choose whoever they want in the ACC if they can't get ND.

I look at it the other way -- let's just be thankful there is a restriction, which I imagine was a condition of allowing ND to be part of the ACC bowl selection pool.

A 6-6 Notre Dame couldn't be picked ahead of us if/when we have a fantastic 9+ win season, but a 6-6 FSU/VT/Miami/Louisville/etc. certainly could

ND has 5 loses and games against Navy, Miami, VT and USC. Kelly has lost the team. Bowl committees will take the teams that will make them the most money. Sun Bowl vs Cal will put us up against Jimmy Looney. Funny how things work out.

For 2016, Wake goes bowling, Norte Dame doesn't.
I like saying and hearing that

I live right in between Shreveport and El Paso. I think I could talk Wakephan into road tripping to either.

My sister lives in Shreveport but I couldn't make it the day after Christmas

3 of the ACC bowl games are the day after Christmas. I know the bowl games are for TV, but that makes it hard for fans to make it.

Next Saturday against an improved Army is a huge game for us. Win and we're bowl eligible with an 8-win season a real possibility. Lose and the BC and UVA games all of a sudden look a lot tougher as does our chances of making a bowl.

Despise day after Christmas Bowl games, and this year the ACC is in 3 of them (St. Pete, Detroit, and Shreveport). Sure makes it difficult to travel to any of those games from NC. Oh well, it's nice to be back in bowl projections in October. I guess fat guys in bars and BWWs will be happy to have something to watch on Dec. 26.

Back