• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Az's joint will be a launching zone. He'll pick you up at the airport, do your laundry and provide women.

For 2016, Wake goes bowling, Norte Dame doesn't.
I like saying and hearing that

Also happened in
--2007 when Wake won the Meineke Car Care Bowl and the Irish were 3-9
--1999 when Wake won the Aloha Bowl and Notre Dame went 5-7
--1979 when Wake lost the Tangerine Bowl and Notre Dame went 7-4
--1948 and 1945 when Wake made the Dixie and Gator Bowls while Notre Dame was on a self-imposed Bowl hiatus

We were way better than Alabama in our Orange Bowl year. Suck it Steely

Have plans to be in Winston for Christmas, but depending on how the bowl games shake out may plan to hit up the bowl game instead.

Why exactly can ND surpass a 9-3 acc team with an 8-4 record? It seems as if they would have to have one win more than the team they would displace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they are Notre Dame! But we won't have to worry about that this year, nor even having them bowl eligible hopefully with who they have left. They are one school that has academics as tough or tougher than ours and an administration that does not check in with the football coach before issuing suspensions. They are a cold weather school and have lost much of the luster of playing under the Golden Dome that they had back in their hey day. They get a lot of good ball players but not all the star power they used to get.

Does VT winning tonight helps WF's chances of getting to the Belk Bowl? They are in the driver's seat now for the Coastal.

Clemson - 12-0 - CFP
Louisville - 11-1 - Orange

Can UNC or VT get into the NY6 at 10-2?

I have FSU finishing at 9-3, Wake at 8-4, Pitt and Miami at 7-5.

Russell has first pick after the NY6. They took UNC last year, and won't take them again after a weak showing. I have VT winning the coastal, but they won't pick them for a return trip (will have just played in ACCCG). FSU just played in their kick off game. I thought Miami would be the team here, but they're sliding.

Pinstripe, Gator, Belk, and Sun have next picks.

Biggest questions: Who does Russell pick? Where will Miami finish? Could VT go from losing the ACCCG to Belk? Any chance Wake gets picked over UNC for Belk?

Lots of football left.

Beat Army.

VERY unlikely.

Non-playoff bowls are Orange, Rose, Sugar and Cotton. Orange won't be ACC vs. ACC, Rose will be Big Ten vs. Pac-12 and Sugar will be SEC vs. Big 12. That leaves just the Cotton for the "Group of 5" spot and one at-large. Have to imagine that'll go to a Big 12 or SEC team for ticket sales purposes.

However, if the Orange picks a Big Ten team that creates an extra ACC spot in the Citrus (or whatever the hell it is called these days), so that would certainly be a boon to our good bowl prospects

I hate this damn thread. I can see it coming back to bite us in the ass. We are talking about bowl projections despite not being bowl eligible. We could very well lose out. Let's discuss this topic when we get our 6th win.

Also happened in
--2007 when Wake won the Meineke Car Care Bowl and the Irish were 3-9
--1999 when Wake won the Aloha Bowl and Notre Dame went 5-7
--1979 when Wake lost the Tangerine Bowl and Notre Dame went 7-4
--1948 and 1945 when Wake made the Dixie and Gator Bowls while Notre Dame was on a self-imposed Bowl hiatus

Pretty impressive research Waldo.
Kudos.

I hate this damn thread. I can see it coming back to bite us in the ass. We are talking about bowl projections despite not being bowl eligible. We could very well lose out. Let's discuss this topic when we get our 6th win.

This thread has nothing to do with how the football team will perform. We are one win away from being bowl eligible and have 5 games left. It is very reasonable for fans to speculate about going to a bowl. We could lose all 5 but not because of this thread.

If we lose the next 5 games then we probably have bigger problems than this thread.

With Wake being at best 4th in our division and unc, VT and Miami ahead in the other, we can only expect Detroit, military or Indy. Playing a B1G or SEC will help with recruiting more than a AAC team will. I'll take what ever we can get, but Detroit vs Penn Station would be great.

This thread has nothing to do with how the football team will perform. We are one win away from being bowl eligible and have 5 games left. It is very reasonable for fans to speculate about going to a bowl. We could lose all 5 but not because of this thread.

We will almost certainly make a bowl anyway with 5 wins and our APR. There won't be 80 bowl eligible teams this year.

Also, if we lose to Army, UVA, and BC then we don't deserve it haha.

I don't know about playing Penn station but they make a mean cheese steak sub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Does VT winning tonight helps WF's chances of getting to the Belk Bowl? They are in the driver's seat now for the Coastal.

Clemson - 12-0 - CFP
Louisville - 11-1 - Orange

I have FSU finishing at 9-3, Wake at 8-4, Pitt and Miami at 7-5.

Russell has first pick after the NY6. They took UNC last year, and won't take them again after a weak showing. I have VT winning the coastal, but they won't pick them for a return trip (will have just played in ACCCG). FSU just played in their kick off game. I thought Miami would be the team here, but they're sliding.

Pinstripe, Gator, Belk, and Sun have next picks.

Biggest questions: Who does Russell pick? Where will Miami finish? Could VT go from losing the ACCCG to Belk? Any chance Wake gets picked over UNC for Belk?

Lots of football left.

Beat Army.

3 things--definitely beat Army. If UNC somehow goes 10-2 they could make it to a large bowl, who knows what goes on with the rest of the country & what happens with VT in the ACCCG against Clemson should they also get there? But under no uncertain terms do I see a local home state bowl like the Belk Bowl taking Wake Forest over UNC should they go there in the pecking order. I would love to go to Belk or Music City if I had my choice, that is for sure. Just trying to see the pathway there unless we get past 8 wins with an upset of either Clemson or Louisville? In the meantime, let's beat Army first and take care of the eligibility question.

I don't know about playing Penn station but they make a mean cheese steak sub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I got a "Smart Ass" phone. I didn't type the period and it went to the last thing I typed "Penn St." Sorry to all.

I kind of see it the way the ref does. Clemson and Louisville going 1 and 1a. The coastal winner going to the Russell and F$U to the Gator. Coastal #2 to the Belk.

Back