• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

I'm looking for NYE plans so a Wake game somewhere worth visiting would be helpful.

Not really. It's the CFP or a New Year's Six bowl for Clemson.

Ironically, our bowl prospects are better if we lose to Clemson (and Louisville) than if we win. We need Clemson and Louisville to lock in CFP and New Year's Six spots.

I wouldn't worry about this too much. The committee has a hard-on for conference champions so I think the ACC winner is going to make it regardless if they only have one loss. And the OB has to take an ACC team, so that would be the two spots we want

Is Nashville an option this year for ACC? I thought it was every other year, no?

I'm hoping for NYC vs Iowa. Yankee stadium, Time Square, that would be pretty cool. I hope the next two games won't knock us down the list too far. In 1974, we played #1 Oklahoma and #2 Penn St on consecutive weeks and lost by a combined 118-0. Both L'ville and Clemson will be going for style points to Impress the committee.

Not really. It's the CFP or a New Year's Six bowl for Clemson.

Ironically, our bowl prospects are better if we lose to Clemson (and Louisville) than if we win. We need Clemson and Louisville to lock in CFP and New Year's Six spots.
That's totally ridiculous and just speaks to the bizarre shell game of bowl selection.

Another dumb thing about bowls is how they've gotten rid of things like "Gator" just for the corporate tie. At least keep the gator after the company name. But, we're bowling, so ultimately I'm happy to go along my with how the game is played because we're in the game.

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman

Navy-Marine Corps Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland
Dec. 27, 3:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Wake Forest vs. Temple
McMurphy: Syracuse vs. Memphis

Hyundai Sun Bowl

Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, Texas
Dec. 30, 2 p.m. (CBS)

Schlabach: Pittsburgh vs. Arizona State
McMurphy: Wake Forest vs. Stanford

Jerry Palm CBS Sports bowl projections--Sun Bowl Dec. 30 El Paso, Tex. ACC vs. Pac-12 Wake Forest vs. USC

Southern cal would be cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The ESPN bowl picks were before this weekend's games

Military bowl vs Temple would bring together the two teams Army beat. That seems right.

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman

Navy-Marine Corps Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland
Dec. 27, 3:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Wake Forest vs. Temple
McMurphy: Syracuse vs. Memphis

Hyundai Sun Bowl

Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, Texas
Dec. 30, 2 p.m. (CBS)

Schlabach: Pittsburgh vs. Arizona State
McMurphy: Wake Forest vs. Stanford

Jerry Palm CBS Sports bowl projections--Sun Bowl Dec. 30 El Paso, Tex. ACC vs. Pac-12 Wake Forest vs. USC

Don't really want the Military Bowl. Would rather have us play a Power 5 conference opponent. Sun Bowl versus USC would be really cool.

I forgot even the trees have gone downhill at Wake

We are 2-0 in choosing trees that subsequently become diseased. They ripped trees down while I was there due to Dutch elm disease.

Considering we locked up a trip to Charlotte for 2020 I don't know how interested the Belk Bowl is going to be.

Not sure we want Southern Cal the way they are playing right now. Anything outside of the 26th would be good. Those games on the 26th are always poorly attended and would make us look bad on television.

Anything outside of the 26th would be good. Those games on the 26th are always poorly attended and would make us look bad on television.

Meh. ESPN does a pretty good job of not showing all the empties. How we look will be solely dictated by our play

Would rather not play on the 26th for purely selfish reasons: it would be next to impossible to go to the game.

Also, agree that it would be more fun to play another Power V school like Arkansas, Iowa or USC. With that said, considering where WF football has been over the past 4 years, just happy this team will be playing in a bowl game.

Not sure we want Southern Cal the way they are playing right now. Anything outside of the 26th would be good. Those games on the 26th are always poorly attended and would make us look bad on television.

The recruiting benefits to "We played USC" or "We beat USC" would be bigger than most possible options we will get. That actually goes for the other USC as well.

Back