• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Good info. But I still think they'd roll the dice rather than take us.

I agree. They contorted themselves pretty extensively in 2006 to avoid having to select us (if we didn't win ACCCG) and I guarantee they'd defer on an ACC team another, final year if we're their only option.

I will be in Saint Simons over New Years. Would give anything for the Deacs to play in Jacksonville.

would attend Nashville or Charlotte, likely Annapolis. Maybe NYC, but doubtful. would go to Shreveport if not the day after Christmas since I have family there.

Hell, I live 10 minutes from Yankee Stadium and I wouldn't even go to the Pinstripe Bowl. It is freaking cold here in late December. It makes up for the cold by usually being very windy, too, though. Take if from me, sports fans, the Bronx in winter is not anyplace you want to be.

I’m just started to delve into the bowl scenarios, but I can’t understand why people are speculating that we will end up in a tier 1 bowl. There are five tier one slots. It seems like UNC, FSU and VT are locks to get three of those. More than likely that will leave Wake, Miami, Pitt and GT for the remaining two spots. Do we really think that we could be picked out of that group despite Wake’s smaller fanbase? Just trying to understand.

I’ve been assuming all along that Wake will always be relegated to either the Military (Annapolis), Independence (Shreveport), Quick Lane (Detroit) or St. Petersburg Bowl unless we could get to 8 wins AND have some luck with other teams win/loss record. But others seem more optimistic, and I’m curious why.

Because bowl prognosticators are picking us for a Tier 1 bowl.

Because bowl prognosticators are picking us for a Tier 1 bowl.

I assumed those guys are just slotting teams based on either current record or expected record without any consideration of factors such as size of fan base.

The bowl system would be more fun if there was a defined pecking order for the all of the ACC bowl tie-ins and spots were determined based solely on win/loss record and tiebreakers. I hate that we get penalized for the size of the school / fanbase.

Our last three bowls were Nashville, Annapolis, and Charlotte. It's not automatic that we will get passed over.

But we have traveled well in the past, if we have a decent Bowl or nice location. After you get past the top 8 or 10 bowls, I do not think attendance is a driving force. TV revenue is

I assumed those guys are just slotting teams based on either current record or expected record without any consideration of factors such as size of fan base.

The bowl system would be more fun if there was a defined pecking order for the all of the ACC bowl tie-ins and spots were determined based solely on win/loss record and tiebreakers. I hate that we get penalized for the size of the school / fanbase.

Those three words probably make bowl execs break out in a cold sweat at night....there is a reason why bowls (and participating conferences) are going away from rigid, inflexible bowl slots (even the ones like the SEC and Big Ten, which have very few fan bases that don't travel well). You want to be able to set up match-ups that will benefit everyone in the long run....the participating teams, the conferences, and the bowls/host cities.

Another reason not too is that the picking order of the Bowls change each year. In '09, BC was 8-4 and beat F$U, who was 6-6. They got shipped out to the ballpark in SF, and F$U took a bus ride to Jacksonville. These projections are worth what you pay for them. It's just fun planning six different trips to see the Deacs.

Playing usc would be cool but adoree jackson would do dirty things to us

94, it's also looking more and more likely the ACC will get a spot in the Capital One (formerly Citrus) Bowl. That happens if a Big Ten team winds up in the Orange Bowl (versus an ACC team).

That would mean 8 teams would make the top bowls and Tier I bowls. We'd only need one bowl to regard us as one of the 8 most desirable teams from the conference

You'd have to think that after 5 years there would be a decent contingent that would go.

94, it's also looking more and more likely the ACC will get a spot in the Capital One (formerly Citrus) Bowl. That happens if a Big Ten team winds up in the Orange Bowl (versus an ACC team).

That would mean 8 teams would make the top bowls and Tier I bowls. We'd only need one bowl to regard us as one of the 8 most desirable teams from the conference

You mean the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl?

I could go for some citrus wings.

If we beat ville or Clemson and bc to go 8-4 (5-3), Charlotte snaps us up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back