• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

@WojVerticalNBA 44s45 seconds ago
The stringent protections on OKC conditional first-round pick to Sixers for Grant make what league executives call "a fake first" in deal.

idk what any of this means someone tell me what to think i really liked jerami grant

You ain't never getting that pick.

@WojVerticalNBA 44s45 seconds ago
The stringent protections on OKC conditional first-round pick to Sixers for Grant make what league executives call "a fake first" in deal.

idk what any of this means someone tell me what to think i really liked jerami grant

i think that means there's a time limit on the first and if it doesn't convey in that time period it becomes a 2nd. if it has heavy protection it means it likely won't be conveyed in time for a first.

if it had been a first it would have been a steal. he was a 2nd round pick 2 years ago and seems like an okay prospect. 76ers fans might be more attached i guess.

ok sixers probably not waiving ilyasova

"ESPN sources say that the Sixers made the trade to KEEP Ersan Ilyasova. They've wanted a stretch four to help Joel Embiid and Jahlil Okafor."

ok sixers probably not waiving ilyasova

"ESPN sources say that the Sixers made the trade to KEEP Ersan Ilyasova. They've wanted a stretch four to help Joel Embiid and Jahlil Okafor."

By taking their minutes? I am confuse. This means Noel is donions in Philly probably.

@PompeyOnSixers
The Sixers hope to receive the first-round pick from #OKC in 2020

idk anything i just want it to be a good trade and not more of the sixers getting younger forever

Not one of Embiid, Okafor, or Noel should ever play the 4 in the NBA.

By taking their minutes? I am confuse. This means Noel is donions in Philly probably.

they already missed the deadline on extending him, so he's an RFA next year

that plus the surgery probably push back any possible trade

more likely, it means they can play Saric at the 3, which is probably a more natural fit

would cut into Covington's time a bit

Ersan is my 3rd PF in fantasy and he was getting 22 min a game in OKC. How does this trade affect me?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Man does Houston play baaaaaaaaaaaaaad D. Who's in charge of that for the Rockets?

Sixers have another solid second half lead. But their bench is giving it back again.

Rockets Cavs was a really fun game. Cavs look really good to start this season.

At this rate, it will only take the great Bismack Biyambo 8 games to score one point for every million dollars the Magic is paying him this year.

At this rate, it will only take the great Bismack Biyambo 8 games to score one point for every million dollars the Magic is paying him this year.

don't talk about your daddy like that, boy.

They are clearly paying him to score.

Which goes along with his 20 total rebounds in 2.75 games and 1 bpg.

Make no mistake about it, I applaud his agent for suckering a team into paying a career scrub $17M/season for one good playoff. But signings like his are why bad teams stay bad.

Back