• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

When looking at the results from this first week of the NBA season, keep in mind that the 2013-4 76ers started the season 3-0; each win was over a playoff team including the NBA runner-up Miami Heat. The 76ers finished that season 19-63.

big if true

A couple of thoughts -

The Thunder needs to pick up another player. There are five teams in the West that are clearly better than the Thunder (Ws, Spurs, Clips, Griz, Blazers{possibly second best coach in NBA}). They will have to compete for #6-8 and aren't a lock as set-up now. If Adams, Kanter or Oladipo miss three weeks, they could be in big trouble.

If Noel is OK with getting 25-30 mpg off the bench, I think I might trade Okafor over Noel. Okafor has never been a good rebounder. He was just OK at Duke. His D is mediocre, at best. But offense will bring more in trade. This year has a ton of PGs in the draft (surprised many list Fultz as PG). So, I'd be looking for the best SG and draft choice I could get for Okafor.

Indiana might have been a better landing place for Tyson Chandler than Phoenix. With the offense the Pacers have, having a guy to clog the lane and get boards could have put the Pacers #2 in the East. They can score with almost anyone but have little to no D.

weird to lament the pacers not having old ass tyson chandler and his old balls when their 20 year old center slapped up 30-16-4 blocks last night.

weird to lament the pacers not having old ass tyson chandler and his old balls when their 20 year old center slapped up 30-16-4 blocks last night.

Who cares about blocks when you give up 121 points. In what world is giving up 121 points in a regulation NBA acceptable?

Who cares about blocks when you give up 121 points. In what world is giving up 121 points in a regulation NBA acceptable?

well, for starters, (1) it was an overtime game, (2) myles turner is one player, (3) his defensive rating last night was 88.7, which is really fucking good, and (4) when turner was off the court, the pacers' defensive rating was 140.2, which is really fucking bad

They gave up 115 points in regulation which terrible. So, the point still stands.

Defense is about team, not one player. Turner's D didn't stop the team from giving up 115 points in regulation.

But, you'll find a reason to bitch.

By the way, the Pacers have only one person listed as a C on their roster and he plays little D.

P.S. Your stat about when Turner was off the court proves my point even more.

Last edited:
myles turner was the best player on the pacers last night and you want him to sit for washed up tyson chandler. makes sense.

myles turner was the best player on the pacers last night and you want him to sit for washed up tyson chandler. makes sense.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL- I NEVER said sit Turner. To say I did is either ignorance or lying. Turner's natural position on D is PF. He would play NEXT to Chandler. This would be a huge upgrade for the Pacers.

Why is GROWN MAN RJ posting at the kiddie table?

Andrew Bogut was -19 in 20 minutes last night for the Mavs. Yikes.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL- I NEVER said sit Turner. To say I did is either ignorance or lying. Turner's natural position on D is PF. He would play NEXT to Chandler. This would be a huge upgrade for the Pacers.

He played the entire game last night at center and he was 10x better than Chandler could hope to be now. Larry Bird fired Vogel because he wants to play with a smaller fast lineup with a 4 like Thad Young. And Tyson Chandler sucks now. No need to get upset about your bad NBA taeks.

Four fast guys and a defender who plays 20-25 mpg doesn't hurt. Plus, it allows Turner more freedom and not to get beaten up as much for later in the season. Even now, it takes a much bigger toll on your body to play center than to play Stretch 4. Further, Turner's ability to help from behind or the side makes defense and rebounding for the team.

For basically the same price as Jefferson, the Pacers could have had Chandler and Chandler would have played more.

Back