• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Embiid's been playing 1 on 1 basketball against 5'9 dudes for 3 years. I'm not sure his mind is always processing the fact that there's 9 other guys on the floor at all times. Passing doesn't even seem to occur to him and his turnovers usually happen because help defenders just kinda wander over and take it from him. He'll figure it out though. RIP HINKIE.

When can afford either, your point about pay is totally irrelevant. It's about which player fits your team's needs better.

How exactly were the Pacers supposed to put Chandler on their roster ? He's in the second season of a four year deal.

Love Embiid. He does not pass though. Didn't in pre-season and had 0 assists last night. I cannot recall from his Kansas days -- was he an average passer then?

Yeah in preseason Embiid had 52 field goal attempts, 18 turnovers, and 0 assists. His usage last night was 47% which is insane, but really, who else should be using possessions on the sixers?

he averaged 11/8/1 in college

everything about him is SSS though

he's spent more time in physical therapy than playing competitive basketball

he should be getting an insane level of usage until simmons is back

the rotations are gonna be weird if noel and simmons are healthy and still on the team, doesn't feel like any combo of embiid/noel/okafor is gonna work

he averaged 11/8/1 in college

everything about him is SSS though

he's spent more time in physical therapy than playing competitive basketball

he should be getting an insane level of usage until simmons is back

the rotations are gonna be weird if noel and simmons are healthy and still on the team, doesn't feel like any combo of embiid/noel/okafor is gonna work

I don't see why embiid and Noel can't work.

I don't see why embiid and Noel can't work.

Remember, Simmons will be theoretically playing PF. Noel would likely play most of his minutes at C. Noel/Embiid could play 6-10 mpg together against the opposition's subs.

It's all so tough to speculate too because of minutes restrictions and stuff, but Brown went over the minutes limits for both Embiid and Okafor, and used them both in big situations.

I think Simmons is going to be the key to the flexibility of the rotations. They practiced him at all five positions, scrimmaged and played summer league games with him at all five positions, and I legit think he sees significant minutes at four of the five positions this year. I don't have any doubts about his ability to play with Noel or Okafor or Embiid. It's how you try and get him and two of the bigs on at the same time that's confusing.

Basically every day at lunch, my boss and I go back and forth about who is gonna be better to trade/build your roster around between Noel and Okafor. Still have no idea at this point.

they should trade whichever gets the most value back as they're both destined to come off the bench for the sixers. that should really be #1 factor. and i have no idea which one is more valuable to other teams honestly.

Doesn't mean the owners are trying to pay the cap.

Jefferson is making ~$10 million a year this season and next with a team option in year 3.

Chandler is making ~12.5 million, $13 million next year, and $13.5 in year 3.

All I'm saying is that it isn't simply an either/or situation, these movements don't happen in a vacuum.

Take the L, Juice

It's all so tough to speculate too because of minutes restrictions and stuff, but Brown went over the minutes limits for both Embiid and Okafor, and used them both in big situations.

I think Simmons is going to be the key to the flexibility of the rotations. They practiced him at all five positions, scrimmaged and played summer league games with him at all five positions, and I legit think he sees significant minutes at four of the five positions this year. I don't have any doubts about his ability to play with Noel or Okafor or Embiid. It's how you try and get him and two of the bigs on at the same time that's confusing.

Basically every day at lunch, my boss and I go back and forth about who is gonna be better to trade/build your roster around between Noel and Okafor. Still have no idea at this point.

I wonder if Brown has the balls (if Simmons has the talent to be a point forward) to get two lights out shooters to play guard with him. Maybe they keep Sergio as the PG when Simmons rests. Unfortunately this year's draft is very much skewed to PGs rather than SG like last year.

If Simmons can truly be the primary ballhandler for 32+mpg, it gives the Sixers a couple of big advantages. The first one is opposition PFs aren't used to playing a guy handling the ball 25+' from the hoop or driving. The defenders will tire quicker. Another advantage is it will open paths for Embiid and Saric.

If the opposition tries to put a SF on Simmons, his length and strength will get him into the lane for his favorite 8-10' shots and open lanes to get Embiid dunks. It will also allow Saric to drive past slower PFs.

Saric's number don't accurately show how he played last night. He took one really bad shot, but he should have gotten at least three calls that he didn't. He got some tough rebounds, played solid D and ran the court well. His shot looks solid. it just didn't go in last night.

Saric's number don't accurately show how he played last night. He took one really bad shot, but he should have gotten at least three calls that he didn't. He got some tough rebounds, played solid D and ran the court well. His shot looks solid. it just didn't go in last night.

Yeah with the risk of further monopolizing NBA thread with more Sixers talk, I'll add that shots just weren't going in last night from the best shooters on the team (Covington, Grant, Saric probably). A couple of those open looks go down and the Sixers would have coasted to a win. Instead, when Embiid was out, there really wasn't anybody to go to at all offensively.

Also, can we please cut TJ McConnell already? Pick up someone like RJ Hunter or just give anyone else a chance.

Heat looked about how I expected, except Justise played better than I anticipated. JJ was solid off the bench. I can already tell having to watch Dion Waiters will be a rollercoaster.

The team is pretty much screwed whenever Whiteside gets in foul trouble. I wonder what they'll do once they can actually release Bosh in February.

McConnell is terrible. How about picking up Archidiacono? :)

Yeah with the risk of further monopolizing NBA thread with more Sixers talk, I'll add that shots just weren't going in last night from the best shooters on the team (Covington, Grant, Saric probably). A couple of those open looks go down and the Sixers would have coasted to a win. Instead, when Embiid was out, there really wasn't anybody to go to at all offensively.

Also, can we please cut TJ McConnell already? Pick up someone like RJ Hunter or just give anyone else a chance.

rj hunter's on the bulls now, homie

since when has being a player under contract with a team stopped any other team from just GETTING them

Back